Is the Burnout a thing of the past?

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Is the Burnout a thing of the past?

Post by V8 Perv »

Back when I got my first taste of V8 bikes in 2007 everywhere I went all I saw was high HP bikes and
big clouds of smoke everywhere. Over the last couple
years I rarely see burnouts except by just a few riders.

Have the rest of you got too old?
Have you gotten more mature?
Is the transmission in your bike stopping you from playing?

Anyway I really don't care for Daytona but I might
have to take the journey next year and smoke up
the fucking town.
Perv

....Johnston, Iowa
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Is the Burnout a thing of the past?

Post by Iron Maiden »

We definately need you back perv - I didn't witness any smoke but I only did daytime rides (before alcohol). :burnout:

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Hey Ron -

I like smoke and the smell of smoke (a lot), I also like to go fast ... a lot! The problem is going fast and making smoke both can't happen at the same time ...

The setup I'm running right now I run a consistent 2.6-2.8 second 0-60 ... the best I've done is 2.4!! The 2.4 of course was perfect condition with tire temp, road temp, surface material etc. Everyday, anyplace 2.6-2.8 is FAST as shit. I couldn't do that if I were making smoke!

Like I said before, I love to see and smell smoke so come on down! Be good to see you guys again and I know I'd be seeing some good smoke shows too!!!

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Iron Maiden wrote:We definately need you back perv - I didn't witness any smoke but I only did daytime rides (before alcohol). :burnout:
Wait a minute here! :wft: You mean we cant drink during the day?? :yikes:
phpBB [video]
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Wait a minute here! :wft: You mean we cant drink during the day?? :yikes:[/quote]

:lol: I think I was the only one :capwin:

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Ron, thanks for posting about the lack of burnouts if for no other reason so I can look at your sig pic!
I agree, it was a pretty lame burnout year - myself included. Maybe we are getting a little older, still no excuse. My excuse it that the bike is for sale so I don't want to tear shit up!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
tjy

Post by tjy »

Well the real story with Iron Maiden is even with "small tires" is in the non-smoking section, V-man runs around freshing the air with racing gas..It does smell good :eye_crazy: But he's into speed when Kim lets him. There was several times I turned the Blue Lady sideways I think Zach would say he's seen the tires Hazing :dunno: I should have gotten the Blue tires out :shakehead:

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Not gonna Lie ... Every time I was about to rack the throttle, I kept feeling like I was gonna get busted and get a $300 Unlawful Display or drag racing Ticket. That's dang near the cost of a new tire!
That and the last thing I need is to give the Ins. Co an excuse to inflate my rates ... Sux getting older and wiser sometimes!!!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
zyoung

Post by zyoung »

I did see Canuck light his up for a good stretch this past week. :ten: I agree that you need to come down Perv. The stretch in front of the old man's house needs painted. The one Elvis left a good while ago has been paved over. I do see the tires start to haze on dad's chopper a lot. It also likes to kick to the right. Just a nasty machine for sure!
"If it is to be, it is up to me." - Noel Mast

SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

I think after that chick did the wheelie on the trike a few years back in Miami she got everyone's attention and they lost interest in burnouts. I wonder who that chick was? Do you remember her Perv?

Shane
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Maybe a burnout event is in order for 2016?!

- a lunch ride to some remote place.
- a long stretch of desolate road.

We actually did this several years back at Bike Week. A large group took a ride to Titusville (I think) and a designated burnout stop was planned.

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:what_he_said:

sharp1

Post by sharp1 »

come up to mountains open house
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Right Bill. I remember that very well. Milos was leading the group since he knew the area very well working at the space center. We had about half an hour before the cops came. But we left just in time. :thumbup:
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany