Drag Bike

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Drag Bike

Post by Carl La Fong »

I noticed, on the other site, that Paul H has his V8 drag bike for sale.
Please understand that this is not intended to bash Paul or his bike. It is just an observation.
It is an all out drag bike. Alky burning, Hilborn injected, all the bells and whistles. It has run 150 mph in the low 9s.
Tom has run that fast, or faster, on a stock, street legal, ridden every day V8 Chopper. Street tires, sitting straight up in the saddle, feet forward.
As I said, just an observation. No offense intended, hopefully none taken
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
SQ4MN

Re: Drag Bike

Post by SQ4MN »

John, the new v8 choppers are commonly being delivered with 427 575 HP motors. That is the engine Tom has along with nitro so its apprx 675 HP. Tom is an excellent rider and has unbelievable throttle management. The only other v8 bike that I know that is a little faster is the one ADRIAN had that was basically a stock 350 but he got it to run 8.8 seconds at 152 in the quarter, I seen his time sheet. Even Pauls drag bike couldn't quite beat Adrians stock 350, thats why I know rider skill has so much to do with it. I believe if Adrian could ride Tom V8 Chopper 7 seconds would be possible.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Carl...it reads Paul Wagner in that ad on the other forum...I assume a different person from Paul H..Howard? on the site?

Also...are they not selling a unique piece of Racing History rather than the times and speed it went on the track? everything gets faster every year.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

CanuckHoss wrote:Carl...it reads Paul Wagner in that ad on the other forum...I assume a different person from Paul H..Howard? on the site?

Also...are they not selling a unique piece of Racing History rather than the times and speed it went on the track? everything gets faster every year.
Paul H...... Paul Wagner, same guy.
I don't know how much racing history is there. Just looking at it, it seems a recent build, maybe 10-15 years old
E.J. Potter went 172 in 8.72 on his Widowmaker. over 25 years ago, so I guess not everything gets faster
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I did not know it was the same person..thanks Carl...
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Carl La Fong wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:Carl...it reads Paul Wagner in that ad on the other forum...I assume a different person from Paul H..Howard? on the site?

Paul H...... Paul Wagner, same guy.
I don't know how much racing history is there. Just looking at it, it seems a recent build, maybe 10-15 years old
E.J. Potter went 172 in 8.72 on his Widowmaker. over 25 years ago, so I guess not everything gets faster
Barry, everything doesn't get faster every year. Adrians bike was faster back in the day than Toms is now, isn't that right.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote: Barry, everything doesn't get faster every year. Adrians bike was faster back in the day than Toms is now, isn't that right.
?
Attachments
I_Dont_Know.jpg
CanuckHoss

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I hate even hearing Tommy's accomplishments being compared to that fairly tale run by a lame ass ZZ4.

That has to be the biggest lie in the history of the V8 forums.

As far as Paul's drag bike it is cool as hell but I think he has a pretty optimistic idea of it's value. But I wish him good luck in selling it.

....Johnston, Iowa
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I feel the same as you Perv. Barry knows good and well that ADRIANS time sheet is a crock of shit just as Adrian does. If someone lies to me and I don't say anything I feel like he is just saying to me "you seem pretty stupid so you will probably believe this and even if you don't you don't have the balls to call me on it" Some lies are small so there might be a slim possibility they might be true, in that case I might just say "well you would have to show me before I'd believe it" but when they are just an outright lie I'm gonna at least let him know I think he's full of shit.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Yes, Paul H and Paul Wagner are me, one in the same.
Yes, the H is for Howard my middle name.
Times and speed for this V8 drag bike were during
testing and Licenseing of the builder Garry Warner.
The estimated cost of building this bike was 75 grand,
that's what Gary told me. Has anyone here had a
one off race anything built??? It cost Time & Material.
That all runs into many thousands of dollars.
Yes, I'm asking 35 grand for this bike. May I suggest
anyone doubting the value call around to frame
and drag race bike builders and ask for a estimate
to built one from scratch, complete and turn key.
It must also pass NHRA regs. Just to get it certified
the first time cost $275 and it has to be done at
a national event. I can be recertified at reginal events,
ONLY.
IF you think I'm dreaming on this one wait till
my other V8 drag bike hits the classifieds at $45 grand.
As far as a stock BH at the drags, Jon T Oswell from
Mas. has maybe more laps on a "clutch bike" than
anyone else on these boards. He did mid to high 8th
and over 150MPH, but not on the same run. He played
with gearing (much easier with a chain & sprockets).
No one on this or the other board has ever said
anything to up set me. Opions are like butt holes,
every one has one. ANY and all questions will be gladly
answered. IF you have questions about the dragbikes
please call me at 302 382 3633, evenings are best.

Paul H
aka Paul H Wagner
or CB handle LaDeDa
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Hey...why pick on me?...just because I did not know Paul Wagner was Paul Howard... and that I said things get faster every year and I was OBVIOUSLY wrong in that little statement.....and just cause I won't jump all over another V8 rider for something that I really can't comment on?? hmmmm....Seems fair to me...pick away if that what floats your boat...
CanuckHoss

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Carl La Fong wrote:I noticed, on the other site, that Paul H has his V8 drag bike for sale.
Please understand that this is not intended to bash Paul or his bike. It is just an observation.
It is an all out drag bike. Alky burning, Hilborn injected, all the bells and whistles. It has run 150 mph in the low 9s.
Tom has run that fast, or faster, on a stock, street legal, ridden every day V8 Chopper. Street tires, sitting straight up in the saddle, feet forward.
As I said, just an observation. No offense intended, hopefully none taken
:hmmmm: Well, this has gone real well. So much for casual observation
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Barry, I aint picking on you but you did comment when you said I DONT KNOW. My feeling is that you DO know, you've ridden more stock 350 ZZ4 powered bikes than most of us, I doubt you ever rode a STOCK one that you thought would be an 8 second bike. That territory is Marvs and he has plenty of mods to get there. Tommy hasn't made it there yet and he lives and breaths this stuff. I think you do know that its a crock of shit that a stock Boss Hoss 350 ZZ4 ever got anywhere near that. This is just my opinion but its possible that you are just not as smart as I thought and you really don't know.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote:Barry, I aint picking on you but you did comment when you said I DONT KNOW. My feeling is that you DO know, you've ridden more stock 350 ZZ4 powered bikes than most of us, I doubt you ever rode a STOCK one that you thought would be an 8 second bike. That territory is Marvs and he has plenty of mods to get there. Tommy hasn't made it there yet and he lives and breaths this stuff. I think you do know that its a crock of shit that a stock Boss Hoss 350 ZZ4 ever got anywhere near that. This is just my opinion but its possible that you are just not as smart as I thought and you really don't know.
You are right on that comment Dave...on the 350s that I personally have owned...I beleive they are not 8 second bikes...don't know about others.

And hey...I may be smarter than I even think I am ...lol
CanuckHoss

Puff

Post by Puff »

I like riding MY bike for MORE
than 8 seconds at a time.... :ridding:
Bill Van Sant