Wanted to have Surgery again!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
tjy

Wanted to have Surgery again!

Post by tjy »

Last sunday my gallbladder decided to Attack my pancreas and my liver, guess it has been doing it for a while now :catfight: So after two days of drugs, nitro patches they removed the little Bugger thru three holes! They released me sat afternoon. I'm glad Daytona has sucha good Hospital and staff!

V-MAN

Re: Wanted to have Surgery again!

Post by V-MAN »

Jeez Tom :yikes: "three little holes" aren't going to leave you much for a suvineer!! :wft: All kidding aside I sure hope you get feeling better now that it's out.
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Tom -glad to hear you are back home and recovering - now let's get that V8 Chopper back on the road and ride!! :ridding:

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

so I reckon that you think that is a valid excuse for not being at home the 3 times I went by this past week. Ok, no sickness during Biketoberfest, see you then. Glad you are doing better.
Buck
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

With your shirt off you must look like a bowling ball.
I have a question mark, extending from my unit up to and half way around my belly button
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Hope you're doing well,Tom. My gall bladder burst and they removed it on June 13th. (Yes,it was on a Friday)

Now that you mention it,Carl,mine does look kinda like a bowling ball. A skinny one though as I lost 20lbs in one week,after the surgery. :lol:
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
tjy

Post by tjy »

I recounted the "holes" and there are two more where they inserted the clamps to hold onto the ducts and the little Bugger as they worked! Total of 5. Hope your doing well Clint!!

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Clint44 wrote:
Now that you mention it,Carl,mine does look kinda like a bowling ball. A skinny one though as I lost 20lbs in one week,after the surgery. :lol:
I'm down 23 lbs in 4 or 5 months. Looking to drop another 15, or so. Anything under 200 will be good
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

Geez Tom! Enough of that Stuff.

Glad you're home and feeling better.

Bowling ball huh lol

See you soon
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
tjy

Post by tjy »

:tequila: Went to see my Interist today, He said my blood sugar is out of control, A1c 8.1 meds not working.Or is it my fingers are shoving food in my mouth! So he wants me to now have a gastric bypass, or at least consult with Dr. It not gonna happen till at least after bikeweek if at all. Now self imposed diet, more working out. Biketoberfest Come on!! :thumbup:

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I have no problem with gastric surgery. For many, it's the only hope that they have. For most people, I think we can do it ourselves. I got on a weight loss program with the VA. Though I don't follow their suggestions to the letter, so far it's working. As of this morning, I'm down 26 pounds. I am no longer obese, I am solidly in the overweight category ;) . My goal is another 25 pounds. At that weight, my BMI will be high normal. Since I was 50+ pounds overweight, I might have qualified for the surgery. I think too many doctors prescribe pills and surgery when a simple lifestyle change would solve many health issues. I am on 6 blood pressure meds and was prediabetic. I have an appointment to see my doctor next week. It will be interesting to see what my numbers are.
All I'm saying is bypass is a life altering deal. Try to alter your life in a way that suits you
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Good luck Tom in the weight loss fight! I have fought my weight all my life and it seems as we get older our mentabolism slows down and it's a bitch to keep from
gaining weight let alone losing it.

....Johnston, Iowa
tjy

Post by tjy »

Carl I hear what your saying about life altering deal! I weighted 262 at the office, I lost quite a bit of weight when getting ready for radiation therapy, maybe I should do that path again.I just got to cut down portion size.Cut down on diet coke cafene free, ice tea etc.

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I think it's carbs. Americans are carb junkies. Several times I have had a huge steak for dinner. Like 16 ozs. I had salad, no rice or taters. The next morning I weighed the same. I'm not fanatical or anything, I just try to stay away from starches. No fast food, no junk food, no packaged food. I'm averaging about a pound a week, sometimes as many as three. Three requires that I torture myself a bit, but I deserve it. I was 236, so you're a tad bigger than I was, but after 26 pounds, I realize that 50 isn't so much. I can do that, standing on my head. 24 to go. I'm past the half way point. Oh yeah, I have no exercised at all. If I got back on the treadmill, I could do even better
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Weight does have a lot to do with consuming too many carbs and I proved it for myself . I'm 6'2" and weigh 220 lbs . A few years ago my weight slowly went up to about 230 . I'm a noodle freak , I did nothing else but cut way down on the pasta and lost 20 lbs in a short period of time . I'm sure if I reduced the beer I consume I could lose more but life's too short to give up everything you enjoy just to be skinny . I do miss my Sunday chicken noodle soup though . Aside from the pasta I more or less eat and drink what I want and maintain about 215-220 lbs .
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I GOT TO 238 POUNDS, IM 6' TALL. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME I WAS DIABETIC AND WOULD NEED MEDICINE. I WAS TOLD THAT IF I COULD LOSE WEIGHT IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE I WOULDN'T HAVE DIABETES. I WAS GIVEN 6 WEEKS TO LOSE THE WEIGHT OR GET ON MEDICATION. I WENT ON A LOW CARB DIET AND LOST 38 POUNDS IN 6 WEEKS. NO DIABETES. I HAVE EVEN LOST A FEW MORE POUNDS SINCE THEN, NOW 204 POUNDS. I WATCH MY CARBS, NO FUN, BUT IT WORKS AND I FEEL GREAT.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I hit the 30 pound mark today. Dave's right. It isn't easy.
I don't snore at night, I don't have acid reflux and I haven't had an episode of atrial fibrillation in about 8 months. I feel great for 66.
Fat definitely ain't where it's at
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Congrats Carl!! :capwin:

tjy

Post by tjy »

You guy's are right on, I'v started the next part of rehab, I graduated from the cardiac rehab and now on "wellcare" working on 6-8 different weight/resistense machines working on different muscle groups. Then if I follow the things you all said I must succeed and become a new person. Thxs guys :siterock:

Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

I spent three days in the hospital a few weeks ago because of chest pain and difficulty breathing. They performed another angiogram on me,just to check out the stent in my LAD. No problem there,fortunately. A small branch in my heart is 95% blocked so they changed my meds. So far,so good.

In the last year,my weight has dropped from 238 to 195lbs. My goal is 175lbs.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)