Daytona Help Please

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

Daytona Help Please

Post by Els »

Looks like a big year for Daytona. Gary and the SW FL guys have been looking for rooms unsuccessfully. The places they usually stay are booked. If anyone can provide the name and/or number of any area motels preferably near the speedway but doesn't have to be, it would be appreciated. They will be there from Thursday through Saturday the second weekend. Thanks,

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Smoke'em

Re: Daytona Help Please

Post by Smoke'em »

El, if you or your friends were willing to stay at the Holiday Inn at the Speedway then the price is a tad less at the Hilton on the beach..only 1 block from main. Garage and very secure parking. Not cheap but actually a great hotel for the event. You can down a few toddy's and walk down main street rather than mess with a DUI or worse. Also a lot quitier there put still pleny of action in the evenings. If you do stay there let me know. P

"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"
Els

Post by Els »

Pete, thanks for the info. I'll pass it on to Gary, Kevin, Chic, and a bunch of others coming up from down there. I know they like to stay near the Speedway so if there's weather they can just hop over and hang with a lot of the folks who are exhibiting there. None are real big on Main Street 'cept to occasionally do a bit of profiling on the bikes. Nonetheless, anywhere is a good area to stay when down there and the underground garage would be a big reason to want to go to the Hilton. Thanks again and I'll send it on. See you there,

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Elliot,

They can go here and just start calling to see if a room is availible..

http://www.travelforecaster.com/find_ho ... sited=true
Butterfly
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

E,

I have a few condos that I rent out. I have 1 left due to a cancel. Tropic Sun Towers beachfront on A1A about 3 miles north of Main St. A few V8 guys stay there. This room is next to Wild Bill and Paul Wagner (one of the true original Boss Hoss guys).

It's a nice 1 bedroom with queen sleeper sofa in LR. Rated for 4 but 2 guys in each bed?????? It here are 2, they can split it 2 ways, 3 split 3 ways, etc. If it's Gary and the S. Fla. crew then they can just pay when we get there, no need for advance.

Direct beachfront. Also underground secured parking and bike wash.

All linens, towels, etc. included. Full kitchen. Pool, hot tub.

Sat.-Sat. is $900 including all taxes, fees, etc. for American bikes (Canadian and Australian too). Riceburners $1250 and you park in the street. French bikes, forget it.

This is my personal unit, we stay there for Biketoberfest.

Juat have them email or call if needed. If not rented by Feb. 1 then I just have the resort rent it out for me.

Thanks muc.

Steve 919 812 6356 or Dteve_Barr@NCSU.EDU
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
AR

Post by AR »

Haha 'Forget it' for French bikes...excuse my ignorance but do they actually make bikes over there.

Frenchies :lol: