New Sheriff in town!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

New Sheriff in town!

Post by V8Bikers »

This is to notify everyone that I am the new owner of this site! I have wanted an internet presence for some time and decided to approach Mike (wildman) about buying the site and after some negotiations a deal was made. First, I would like to thank Mike who was instrumental in making the purchase a smooth and pleasurable transition. I have expressed to him that I hope he continues to be a part of this forum as I feel he has a wealth of knowledge and has a lot of great things to contribute.

My name is Bill Thompson (v8bikers as admin) and (JST2CRZY as member). For those who do not know me here is little of my background in the v8 bike world. My first sighting of a Boss Hoss was in 91' or 92' in Daytona Beach, FL during bike week. I was stopped in traffic and someone rode by on one, it probably was Monte Warne. I instantly became intrigued and watched from the side lines for some time until 1997 when I bought my first kit-19k for a roller with a trans and skins. When the truck arrived I said to myself - WOW, almost 20 large for this??, and it doesn't even have an engine? :lol: . However, the love affair began and continues to this day. Have had 3 SB'2 and 4 BB's and currently own an 07' Mountain 606 and my wife, Susan, has a 09 V8 Chopper Trike.

My plans for the forum are to make some changes in the layout and colors, different logos, more forum categories, etc and possibly a store of some sort to sell items that would be of interest to the members which probably limits it to horsepower, sex and alcohol - HA HA! - alright, maybe some chrome parts! My goal is to make this the premier site for riders and enthusiast's of these great machines. FYI - http://www.v8bikers.com will link http://www.v8bikers.net as well. If anyone has any questions, comments, complaints or issues with technical difficulties with the site please e-mail me at need4speed@cfl.rr.com or through the contact us links on the site.

Bill

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
w1ldman

Re: New Sheriff in town!

Post by w1ldman »

Congratulations Bill! My partners in crime Lennu, Kimi, A.R.,& Olaf have worked hard over the past several years building the site and trying new things to improve the online experience for our V8 bike friends. Some got it and some didn't. We're proud of what we were able to accomplish and are excited to see your ideas roll out to improve the site and make it ever better. We won't be far away if there is anything we can do to help make this a successful venture for you and bring even more of our friends to V8Bikers.Net. WM

:siterock:
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Wow, Bill, what a surprise. I wish you good luck that your ideas will work out the want you want and I am sure it will be good for all of us.
Hope to see you again in the spring at bike week. Long time since 2006.
Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Hi Bill - Congratulations can't wait to see what you have in store for us!
:siterock:

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks honey :monkeyup:

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Who you calling "Honey" oops did I just highjack this thread? Sorry -(not!!) :banmeplease:

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Just so this site don't become like a biker bar at 2am!

Looking forward to more action on this site and think 1st thing
we need is a titty pic of the day contest.

Geezer can start with some from the nursing home.

....Johnston, Iowa
Harold Blocker
Outdrank the Perverator

Post by Harold Blocker »

Well I ain't showing mine......again!
Harold Blocker
Southeast Missouri
hblocker@clgw.net
ImageImage
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Hows This??? :maninlove:
Attachments
wendy whoppers.jpg
wendy whoppers.jpg (10.3 KiB) Viewed 19568 times

DeLand, FL.

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Why is it that now when I click on the forum it takes me to some kind of Host Gator site ?

Jack
HOGV8
w1ldman

Post by w1ldman »

V8Bikers wrote:Hows This??? :maninlove:
Brother Bill, if you will read the fine print in the contest rules you will see that you are not eligible to win the Blue Seas fuse block. Nice rack though! :thumbup:

:arrow: http://www.v8bikers.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1968
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

oh shit brother Mike, I didn't read all the fine print :banghead:

Jack, it is some sort of glitch, I am working on it now.

DeLand, FL.

addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Harold, is this what you are referring to? :rofl:

w1ldman

Post by w1ldman »

addicted08 wrote:Harold, is this what you are referring to? :rofl:

Brother Harold: You may be the current leader. Will check with Judge Pervus' and get back to you. :siterock:

Hi Jack. :lol:
w1ldman

Post by w1ldman »

The Internet is serious business
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Mike and Jack, the error for the board index should be fixed now.

DeLand, FL.

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks Bill , works fine now.

Jack
HOGV8
Harold Blocker
Outdrank the Perverator

Post by Harold Blocker »

Thanks Deb,

Once wasn't enough huh? You just had to post it twice! (.)<
Harold Blocker
Southeast Missouri
hblocker@clgw.net
ImageImage
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

w1ldman wrote:[
Brother Harold: You may be the current leader. Will check with Judge Pervus' and get back to you. :siterock:

Hi Jack. :lol:

Wouldn't Deb be the leader since she posted the pic?

Shane
hdtrader

Post by hdtrader »

...congrats on your purchase Bill. I don't post much but I'm always checking in to see what the other half of the V8 World is doing.

WM - your post and comments always kept me kept me checking in to this site...hope you remain on it and this forum continues to allow folks to speak freely as warranted.

Randy
Randy
Huntsville AL
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Randy,
thanks for the kind words, glad to have you as a member. I enjoy WM's post's as well, keep em coming Mike!
Bill

DeLand, FL.

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I received this from someone at the "Other Site' yesterday. His name is not important as I do not want to stir the pot over there

"I am removing the threads where you are actively mining v8bikeriders.com's membership for your own site. Posting outside links like this is against the rules as I am sure you share a similar policy for your site. You have made positive contributions by posting and sharing info, I would prefer to keep your account on here in good standing."

Several weeks ago, you asked about this site and how to find it. I posted something to the effect of, "Here ya go, v8bikeriders.net". Now, it seems, V8 Bike Riders has decided, because of that simple link, that I own this site and am trying to "mine" their site for members. I sent a reply that, for one, I do not have anything to do with this site and that my simple link was not in violation of any of their rules. Additionally, I am not "mining" their site and to be 100% honest, I don't care if anyone over there comes here to play. It's their choice.
I haven't posted there for over two weeks. The level of childish behavior has become more than I care to deal with and, again to be honest, it's been as interesting as a cold tofu sandwich on white bread. I will post there again when it's not the same old regurgitated crap about tires, oil and transmission fluid
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
JST2CRZY

Post by JST2CRZY »

Carl,

I received the same message, sorry you were unnecessarily involved, they obviously did a search and any link
or post related to the site was removed and the person involved received the same reply. I have not responded yet
but intend to ask why there is a link to the BHRA in a members sig there (unless they don't consider that competition).
I always enjoyed your honest, humorous, and no bullshit postings on the other site and look forward to your further contributions here.

Bill
w1ldman

Post by w1ldman »

A quick reminder the post a pic contest
for the Blue Seas fuse block ends soon.

:arrow: http://www.v8bikers.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1968
:arrow: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Sea-System ... de&vxp=mtr
w1ldman

Hi Jack

Post by w1ldman »

From the bad old days, Second Chance, Kimi, Jack & w1ldman. D-burg 2007