V8 Chopper Drag Bike...My Impressions

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Redtro

V8 Chopper Drag Bike...My Impressions

Post by Redtro »

As most of you know by now, Stan (V8 Choppers) and Gary build a "one off" V8 Chopper drag bike. I saw it in person this weekend and even got to ride it for about 30 miles in the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee. All I can possibly convey with this post is that it is simply INCREDIBLE! Gary told me to "try it out" and see what I think...OH YEAAAAAH! That thing pulls like a freight train. He runs about 20 lbs of air in the rear tire and with the fuel cell right behind the rear tire for extra traction, it really "sticks". The bike handled as well has my bike did in the twisties and you can't even tell the fuel tank and wheelie bars are on the back of the bike.

Gary began talking to Stan about this project 2 years ago. He already had the engine and blower but needed a custom built frame to put it together. Gary sent Stan his blower and with the aid of the mockup engine and blower Stan built a frame to fit and supplied Gary with all the necessary parts so he could assemble this beast.

The engine is a 350 C.I. engine with 8.3 to 1 compression forged pistons and Dart supplied the top end, heads and cam special for this project. Gary said that Dart collected all the specs on the engine and blower, built the heads and asked if he wanted a radical cam or one for max H.P. Gary wanted a cam for the track and not for show...but it still sounds awesome. With a 225 shot of nitrous, the front wheel will lift at 80 mph!!! Gary selected a stronger chain and just the right size front and rear sprockets for either 1/8th or 1/4th mile track.

I don't think this bike could have been setup better....and I think it looks really nice. It really got noticed at every stop. When Gary told me to ride it there was many people standing around when I through my leg over the bike...YEP people, I'M riding this bike!!!

I really believe that this bike is a fine example of what can be accomplished when great minds get together and Stan and Gary are at the top of their game. This bike can be ridden every day and then run on the track.

Here are a few pictures of Gary's V8 Chopper and also a link to a few pictures that I took this weekend: http://www.clsinc.net/photos/default.as ... _Trip_2010

Last edited by Redtro on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
hogv8

Re: V8 Chopper Drag Bike...My Impressions

Post by hogv8 »

Wow , what a machine !!

Jack
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

That bike makes me drool!

Just when I think my chopper is hot someone
unleashes a monster like that.

....Johnston, Iowa
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

Perv wrote:That bike makes me drool!

Just when I think my chopper is hot someone
unleashes a monster like that.
Pervman,

Hey buddy, you're still the king of the 3 wheelers. BTW, love the 520 Dart engine in the V8 Choppers touring trike, thanks for the opportunity on it. Ran the mountains with Elliot, Stan, Squirm, Gary T. (the bike builder/owner), Rick V., Chris Capps, and Ricky/Retro this past week. Loads of fun. The touring trike keeps up with most biles in the mountains, you just have to shave a few corners since you can't lean it in the curves.

You're right on target on this bike that Gary put together. Totally over the top. 7 guys drove it, none had any problems with handling. This included tight mountain roads, city streets, and straightaways. Wheelie bars and rear fuel cell easily removed with 4 bolts if you want a more 'conventioal' look (if that's posible on a full blower V8 bike).

All I can say is it's 'totally Gary'. Let's see if we can get him to bring it to Biketoberfest in Daytona next week.

BTW, what's with my Hawkeyes losing to Arizona?
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Steve, I heard the Arizona cheerleading squad spent the night before
the game with several of Iowa's key players thus the poor performance. :evil:

....Johnston, Iowa
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

Dehydration, that would explain it. Also the smiling faces of the players while they were losing.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
Ric

Post by Ric »

I'd sacrifice a game, over a night with those beautiful young ladies!

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Any updates?