First production V8 Choppers touring trike will be in Miamii

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SBarrV8

First production V8 Choppers touring trike will be in Miamii

Post by SBarrV8 »

OK Boys,

Stan's first V8 Choppers touring trike for viewing was in Daytona for Bike Week.

The first 'for sale' version will be in Miami. It's mine. The body is painted, finished and is being fitted to the frame this weekend, seat installed, some final adjustment and testing and it's done.

Sorry folks, no spy pics until after Miami (I might reconsider for $2k cash).

For those that did not like the shroud, check out this new one with integrated driving lights.

For those that did not like the body- tough shit, I do.

Paint is unlike most you have seen, very cool. You'll have to be there to see it. Excellent airbrush work.

Dart 400 m race block 4 barrel , over .5 inch lift, tested at Dart at 520+hp on pump gas. Electric choke, 2 speed powerglide, 4 gallon reserve, huge trunk, Dakota Digital gauges, 3 inch exhaust pipes, big rear seat, 18 inch 295 rear tires.

This should be fun. I'll be easy to find, the one with the big grin on his face. Under 2 weeks now.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
Geezer

Re: First production V8 Choppers touring trike will be in Miamii

Post by Geezer »

Steve:

Look forward to seeing you again in Miami, together with your new trike.

Just hope "El's" Duramax has enough power to get you there.......... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Geezer on Sun May 16, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Good luck Steve. Your in for a wild ride.

I know a IH won't out pull the Duramax.
And dout a Cummins will either.

Paul H
Tom

Post by Tom »

The new ford will..... :shock: 735 lb ft at 1600 RPM almost 400hp.
Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: First production V8 Choppers touring trike will be in Miami

Post by Buck »

Tom, hope that I'm not hijacking the thread but here goes==the local newspaper had an article comparing the new Ford diesel vs. a comparatively equipped Dodge diesel and even though the Ford came out slightly better with trannie shifting and ride, .2 gpm better mileage it was also $10k more expensive than was the Dodge. Would like to see Chevy thrown in for comparison but was not.
Buck
Toastie

Post by Toastie »

My old 91 dodge will with its 300 horse smoker, if not, my 98 dodge smoker will.
450 HP and its 1040 lb ft at 1450 rpm. I know the numbers are higher at the flywheel, it was easier to measure it at the wheels.
Attachments
Erwins Wheels 004 (Medium).jpg
Els

Post by Els »

Geezer wrote:Steve:

Look forward to seeing you again in Miami, together with your new trike.

Just hope "El's" Duramax has enough power to get you there.......... :mrgreen:

I've seen pics of Steve's new trike and I've got to say, it's the baddest V8 three wheeler I've ever seen. There are some really nice trikes out there, especially some of the wide body choppers but this one is over the top in my opinion. Paint is incredible. Range, gearing, comfort...it gets no better.

Stan had to do Herculean efforts just to get something to Daytona in February and although the new Touring Trike looked great, it was not in the same ball game with the finalized version. This will be evident in Miami and Steve's new trike will be out there in front of everyone to admire daily starting Wednesday.

Geez, I've had two new Silverados now in 2 years. The '09 3/4 ton with the 6.0 Vortec and the 2010 with the Duramax/Allison. The gas version is a total piece of shit. The diesel is only half a piece of shit. Looks are great, ride is good, motor and tranny are the best (haven't drove the new Ford). In spite of that, the suspension is girlie. Look underneath and it looks like a Tahoe or Yukon. GM sucks having taken our tax money and sucks even more lying about how they paid it back. I'm actually embarassed knowing the head Negroes at GM are probably hand picked by Hussein Obama himself.

Tom, I was a coin toss from waiting until the new Ford came out but got cold feet. In spite of the hoopla and innovative design of the new Ford, I went that route once and bought the first year model of the 6.0 PowerStroke. You know the rest of that story. Going to have to wait til any potential bugs appear and get ironed out. I'll then run to Ford. They look totally bad ass.

Toastie and Buck, when it's all said and done, it's still a damn Dodge. The $10k difference up front will come back and haunt you at trade time. If you can get rid of it, you eat it big time with used resale values on the damn things. I love the Cummins but...it's still a Dodge.

Steve has been without a trike or V8 toy for that matter for one year now. He sold his big block trike almost one year to the day. It sold when he arrived at Miami last year. That's a long wait but this baby will be every bit worth it.

E
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

GM sucks having taken our tax money and sucks even more lying about how they paid it back. I'm actually embarassed knowing the head Negroes at GM are probably hand picked by Hussein Obama himself.
E[/quote]

Come on Elliot. Tell us how you really feel you pansy ass. You know you supported Obama, Pelosi, Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Ted Kennedy, Schumer, Reid, Barney Frank, NY Mayor Bloomberg, etc.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Els, you don't have to worry about me getting a new Dodge, or anything else as a matter of fact. No money honey! Why in the world Dodge dropped the 5.9 diesel is anyone's guess. Had a great rep and got super mileage and unless you wanted to pull a house of its foundation, had enough power. I currently have an '04 Dodge, 1500 w/ the hemi engine and 20" factory tire package. Having owned the other two brands of p/u I can say that this Dodge beats the others hands down. Ride is very good and mileage is superior considering its age and engine size. Normally on the interstate and not pulling anything we get about 18 mpg, pulling our 2 bikes on the flatbed we get about 12-13 interstate. Also there ain't nuthin sluggest about the engine, it'll haul a**.
Buck
Els

Post by Els »

Buck,

It seemed all the American mfgs screwed the pooch going from great to not-so-great with the diesels. My first was the 7.3 Ford. Sorry I ever sold it. They went to the 6.0 (yukkk) to the 6.4 (even more yukkk) and so everything since '01 has been worse not better.

Chevy/GM, same thing. Everyone who owned an '06 or earlier Duramax claims they were much improved over the '07 and later models. I personally like the '10 model Duramax but didn't have an earlier one to compare it to.

Tom would be the best authority here but I suspect much of this going in the wrong direction with all three of the major mfgs was the result of emmissions. At least that is the spin. Given the choice, I'd opt for the '01 and earlier Fords. I still get a taste of them occasionally riding around with David Ward. He's still got a fleet of them and they're sweet.

My best experience with the Dodge diesels is riding around with Stan. That Cummins of his hauls ass. Not to mention the fastest diesels at the track are the Dodge diesels. I've seen some of those black smoke blowing monsters turn high 11 second quarter miles. That's usually pretty hot rodded up and using propane but however they do it, it's fast as crap and real impressive.

Hey, we've hijacked this thread from Steve's new trike! :twisted: Wait 'til you see this one. Back to my original statement of being the very coolest trike I've seen.

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Can't wait to see Steves new Touring trike!

Knowing Stan it will be a first rate kick ass machine! :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa