Memphis Shades fairing installed on 2008 SB

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Memphis Shades fairing installed on 2008 SB

Post by CanuckHoss »

I installed a color matched Memphis Shades fairing on my Boss a couple days ago and it is way cool and cheaper than any other fairing I have installed.

Here are pictures I took today...better day than I thought (45F) so I went for a ride and took a wack pictures:

more pics here>>>http://www.destinationcycles.com/BossHoss-4-Sale.htm

It fits right onto the Boss Hoss windshield brackets...the ones that go around the forks and take a Heritage windshield. I had a few complete new sets kicking around and what I did was use the same brackets top and bottom...the shorter ones...keeps the fairing at the right angle to the bike and closer to the forks. Anyone ordering brackets from Boss Hoss to put on a faring like this, if they don't have can order 4 the same...not a problem.

You can see in the one picture that I put another bracket on top of the original headlight bracket to move it up a bit and out front a bit more...headlight fits like a darn to the fairing.

The fairing comes with 3 holes on the bottom of each side for the lower wind deflectors that I added in dark smoke and on the ride today that is the best wind coverage I have ever had on my Bosses with a fairing....hardly any air is coming between the tank and fairing...could be an issue where it is really warm but defiinitely not here! Those holes could be filled in before painting if a guy does not want the lowers.

You US guys can get the fairing at any good motorcycle shop or online if you need.

This fairing really finished off the bike. I was reluctant in doing a fairing because I could not find someone to replicate the paint that Scotty did. I have a friend with an autobody shop and he figures it out. Paint the lighter color that shows thru the "water splsh" effect...then dribble on liquid soap...that is right...liquid soap....paint the darker orange and let dry...wash off the soap..dry..sand...and clear coat..voila!!

Also...you can see the tranny temp gage I installed...same as Craig's on his LS3

PS...this bike is still for sale
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham