Stan's new touring trike

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Stan's new touring trike

Post by CanuckHoss »

I have heard from a thread on the other site that it is ready for Daytona...

I won't post there...but I will ask here for some pictures BEFORE Daytona as 98% of us or better will not be in Daytona...

PICS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Tom

Re: Stan's new touring trike

Post by Tom »

I am taking camera and computer.....
Els

Post by Els »

It's a hot red model. I believe called "European" red or maybe "Ferrari" but red one way or another! Unveiling in T minus 3 days!

Steve Barr will be taking delivery of one in a month or so. I saw the paint scheme for his and it's first rate.

This is a trike that begs to do some serious touring and is about as cool looking as it gets 8-)

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Barry, If you have viewed the thread on the other site
you already know the spy photos were sold to Billy Duncan. :twisted:

I would say in about 48 hours you will be seeing all the pics
of Stans new trike.

....Johnston, Iowa
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Maybe by Friday :?: :?: :?:

Paul H
Ric

Post by Ric »

Damn your hides! We gotta wait until Friday!?!?....

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Els

Post by Els »

Unfuckingreal! Just got emailed the finished product and it's incredible! Totally unique lines and looks fast just sitting there.

Thanks for the pics Ron! Not sure how you convinced Stan or whoever to sneak them to you but I sure appreciate you letting me take a peek before Daytona later this week!

Steve, you are going to be stylin' dude! WOW!!!

Elliot
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Sure hope Billy Duncan doesn't see this or I'm gonna
have to kick your ass Elliot. :evil:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Iowa 57 chevy wrote:Sure hope Billy Duncan doesn't see this or I'm gonna
have to kick your ass Elliot. :evil:

Ron,

Billy won't see it. This site is way too evil and nasty for him. He's very clean cut. :shock:

Speaking of evil and nasty, we need to rendevous at this great little skanky bar south of town on 1. Lots of single moms. Bring many one dollar bills. :twisted:

Man oh man, that touring trike is awesome! 8-)

T minus 1 day for Daytona 8-)

Elliot
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Stan broke down north of Birmingham Alabama last night (transmission) and David sent his truck to bring him on in. He called and said that he will be passing through Tallahassee in a couple of hours and will stop for gas and show me the trike.

I'm taking my camera. I hear that pictures of that thing have a pretty good selling price!
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Elliott....what a trike wow!!! Thanks for sending me the pictures!!!

PS to the other guys....just kidding...I am waiting like everybody else!!
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

It is definitely nice...with all the hype I was maybe expecting something different...not knocking the trike at all.
CanuckHoss

SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

CanuckHoss wrote:It is definitely nice...with all the hype I was maybe expecting something different...not knocking the trike at all.
So far these pictures are not showing some of the detailed lines of the body that really makes this trike. It definitely looks better in person, but hopefully the pics David is planning to take tomorrow will show it off better. My favorite view of the bike is looking from the front back to the rear fenders.

Shane
KISS

Post by KISS »

[quote="W1LDMAN"]Damn the flood gates are open now!! Haha. from an undisclosed source. :mrgreen:

To me it looks like a good joke! I just wonder from where is that "pot tail" design from? :o
Is it the first 3 seater trike w driver and front passenger facing forward and rear passenger backward?
The lid must be lockable,otherwice you will find very nasty surprises under the lid in camping sites :o

I found secret spy pic from the pre production prototype!
Touring Toilet.jpg
AR

Post by AR »

thats just potty talk kp!

after a day of looking at only 1 pic i have to admit its grown on me a bit. You could make one mean mutha of a 'Battlestar Gallactica cylon' look with somechoice lighting on the rear end. Keep off my ass human fukkers or else :D.

Probably the better looking of the V8 trike back ends that are currently out there. Damn i miss the vette but i guess i'm inthe minority. Nice to see something new around.

Aaarrr...launch the vipers! :twisted:
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Here are some fresh pictures. Looking great Stan!

KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

I really love the V8 Chopper two wheelers. I have never been much of a trike guy at all, but the V8 chopper trikes ain't looking bad....without the touring body.

Must be very hard to build a good looking touring trike, maybe impossible. I'm with Kimi... :?

Olaf
EastTnMike

Post by EastTnMike »

I agree, I love the looks of the V8 Chopper 2-wheelers, but I also have never been much for trikes. I suppose the new trike has functionality, and the build looks top-notch. I hope people like it and I hope it sells well, but I want to always stick to a 2-wheeler. When I am past the point where I don't feel comfortable on a bike, I think I will just sell it and ride in our convertible. I sure hope that time never comes...because I LOVE my V8 bike!
Mike
Els

Post by Els »

Kim & Olaf,

With all due respect, Stan's out there trying (and doing) all kinds of innovative things for the V8 riders. He listens to his customers and delivers what they've asked for. Boss Hoss hasn't done squat for you or the V8 community these days. They have of course delivered crap transmissions. I personally found the comments (Kim's) and references to be a bunch of bull shit.

This is a site we can say it the way it is so there it is.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Ric

Post by Ric »

This new trike is quite the departure from the standard trike, I'm assuming that Stan was inspired by the Auburn Motor car, with the boat tail design he's come up with.

I think that the opinions of Trike riders would carry more merrit on the likes and dislikes over those of the two wheeled preference.

I was and am intrigued by trikes. I always leave a little room in my limited imagination for me to need a trike one day. And trike lovers would thumb their noses at me for suggesting that I'd make the switch if I were un-able to ride a two wheeler. Regardless of reasons, I still harbour that facination with my three wheeled brothers and sisters.

Back to Stan's masterpiece. Initially, I was haunted with doubt over the boat tail design. It certainly took my notice. I visited the picture several times and decided that he found the same ingredient to a look... like Harley Davidson did when they went from the "Knuckle head" to the "Panhead"... was also met with doubt over the change.

Many people balked and squawked over the 'crazy' change that Harley made... and look what turned into a love of Ledgends!

Roll the dice, I think we'll see more of these trikes on the road.... as they pave a new path for the V8 Chopper jocks.
Last edited by Ric on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Some of you boys act like riding a trike is a sign of old age or
the inablity to handle a two wheeler. Many of you have probably
never riden a decent performance trike. Some of the guys who
bash trikes should try to follow me around for an afternoon and
see if you can keep up. Take a good test ride on a V-8 chopper
trike and then tell me they are anything less than awesome.

Like Elliot said Stan is busting his ass building a better product
and anyone who doesn't realize that is blind.

....Johnston, Iowa
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

The new trike is a touring trike and I guess that means the touring trike guys wanted a trike that held a lot of stuff. I used to ride across country on an old knucklehead chopper and the only stuff I ever carried was tied to the sissybar or rolled up and tied to the bars. As far as trikes go my preference in looks is the non touring trikes Stan makes because they look lean and mean. If I thought that I had to haul a bunch of stuff to go on a long ride maybe I would choose the touring trike. I don't need to much stuff so I could get by just fine with the smaller looking trike even if I was going coast to coast. Stan now builds a trike for whatever the trike guys want and they both look good and are a quality build. Personally I like motorcycles better than trikes and have no intentions of getting a trike. If I was in a different tax bracket I would like to add one of Stans V8 Choppers to my stable. Stan is actually selling both trikes and bikes at a time when that aint easy so that says plenty about the quality of his whole operation. Dave/Squirm

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Els wrote:Kim & Olaf,

With all due respect, Stan's out there trying (and doing) all kinds of innovative things for the V8 riders. He listens to his customers and delivers what they've asked for. Boss Hoss hasn't done squat for you or the V8 community these days. They have of course delivered crap transmissions. I personally found the comments (Kim's) and references to be a bunch of bull shit.

This is a site we can say it the way it is so there it is.

Elliot
That is correct. This is a site where we can speak our mind, up to a point of course. I know Stan is doing his best to deliver a quality product. That being said, not everything is for everyone. I, personally, don't care for the looks of the new trike. I am not going to apologize to anyone for my taste or lack thereof. If Stan is listening, he will find out that a segment of the V-8 community doesn't like the design and he may consider something more appealing to the masses. I, for one, am not going to drink the Kool-Aid
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Els

Post by Els »

Carl La Fong wrote:
That is correct. This is a site where we can speak our mind, up to a point of course. I know Stan is doing his best to deliver a quality product. That being said, not everything is for everyone. I, personally, don't care for the looks of the new trike. I am not going to apologize to anyone for my taste or lack thereof. If Stan is listening, he will find out that a segment of the V-8 community doesn't like the design and he may consider something more appealing to the masses. I, for one, am not going to drink the Kool-Aid

Gents, I'm not flogging anyone for saying they don't like something. "Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one"....including me. I was taught if you don't have something nice to say, say nothing. It didn't work. I too frequently mouth off by saying something less than nice, however, the reference to the spy picture (outhouse on wheels) or what someone may do with this in a camp site was mean spirited and just plain fucked up considering Stan's efforts within our V8 community and some members here who have already bought a touring trike. I might be thinking some fucked up thoughts about your bike but won't come on the website and and say stupid shit.

As far as the only ones who should have a say about this being restricted to trike riders and not bike riders, I don't agree with that one but claim to qualify here anyhow. Having had a '63 Vette trike for 2 years and a '57 Chevy trike... I'm trike qualified.

Fong, you've always been pretty straight to the point. The way you state your not caring for the look is honest and respectful. You have my respect for that. Stan's already sold 4 of the touring trikes in a few days and having hung out there almost all day today, "the masses" pretty overwhelmingly gave it a thumbs up. I think Ric's analogy with the HD's and the different look is right on.

I'll quit rambling on...just felt the need to tell Kim I thought his post was fucked up and why.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Ric

Post by Ric »

Iowa 57 chevy wrote:Some of you boys act like riding a trike is a sign of old age or
the inablity to handle a two wheeler. Many of you have probably
never riden a decent performance trike. Some of the guys who
bash trikes should try to follow me around for an afternoon and
see if you can keep up. Take a good test ride on a V-8 chopper
trike and then tell me they are anything less than awesome.

Like Elliot said Stan is busting his ass building a better product
and anyone who doesn't realize that is blind.
Nah... no worries. There's no war between bikes and trikes. My take on needing a trike was if I lost a leg or an eye or something... age isn't an issue. Atleast not for me anyway. If I can still navigate my 502 with a walker... then I'm still good. LOL. Truth be told, it's just a simple prefrence issue with me is all. I've ridden about six different trikes from a Harley, Honda, VW and those crazy Corvair ones from the early 70's... and enjoyed the shit out of them.

Also... to date... I don't think you'd find ONE SOUL that does not appreciate Stan's work! NOT ONE! Yeah, there's the chopper vs. cruiser arguments... but under the microscope... not ONE flaw. Too bad if someone whines about the 'hard tail' issue. I poured over Stan's work when I was in Sturgis. You cannot deny he's a Guru in metal work! Sadly, Stan was busy with customers for me to meet him face to face. But I won't miss that opportunity this year!

And for those that don't regale Stan's new chopper as a favorite... only leads us to this ....

Some of us think that Mona Lisa is HOT... and some of us think she's NOT. Taste comes in a variety of flavours that we all choose on our own.

I like the new chopper trike. Kinda nostalgic, in my mind... is all.

Now that THAT is out of the way... lets discuss who brews the best BEER!