Stan's new touring trike

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Re: Stan's new touring trike

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

I for one have to take my hat off to Stan who can innovate at the request of his customers and produce a quality product who also stands up for their product after the sale, (no reference to other V-8 builders).
Too many in life now just want the sale and then are done with you.
I don't have a V-8 Chopper, but Stan does make some cool bikes and trikes.
I wish i had his talent and i would not be working in fargin korea.

By the way Kimi,,, where did you get that picture of my trike rolling down the road,, I always check to make sure everyone has their cameras put up before I get it out and make my get-a-way 8-) ,,,,

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Els,
it was not my intention to offend a member of our board and in no way I wanted to talk down a product of Stan. His Choppers are candy for my eyes, and even his trikes are looking damn good, but the touring model really isn't for everyone. The Boss Hoss trikes aren't for everyone either, when it comes to looks and style....especially here in Europe the Boss Hoss trikes seem to sell very hard for that reason.

The more stuff they can carry, the uglier they look to me. All brands, and not only trikes -that's for bikes, too. That's only my personal opinion.

Then again, the father of a good friend is a die hard Harley rider for almost all his life, he's about 65, and when I come over with the Boss Hoss he always use to laugh and tell me how useless a 350hp bike is when you are not able to carry something.... :D

Olaf
honker

Post by honker »

I have always been very impressed with Stans products. Beautiful design and execution! I have always appreciated mechanical beauty even if it wasnt something I personally had interest in.
When I heard Stan was building a touring trike I couldnt wait to see what he came up with, I kept checking the site to see if pictures had been posted.When they finally did show up I certainly could see Stans workmanship in the trike.And he is certainly to be commended for responding to the needs of his customers.

That said I was not drawn to the design it didnt have the fluid lines IMHO that his other bikes had. It may be that would all change once I see one in person. Since Stans strenth is listening no dought all these comments pro and con will be of benifit to him as his products continue to evolve.

My tastes have always been a little left of center.So chances are its just me thats off!
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

No matter weather its Stan or Boss Hoss or Vanquish or Sabertooth or whoever comes up with a new design for a bike or trike, some will love it and some will hate it and some wont give a fuck. Stan knows all about different strokes for different folks and he knew that everybody wouldn't like or dislike the new trike. If you need more proof of this remember that there are even people who still like Obama. Dave/Squirm

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

SQ4MN wrote:No matter weather its Stan or Boss Hoss or Vanquish or Sabertooth or whoever comes up with a new design for a bike or trike, some will love it and some will hate it and some wont give a fuck. Stan knows all about different strokes for different folks and he knew that everybody wouldn't like or dislike the new trike. If you need more proof of this remember that there are even people who still like Obama. Dave/Squirm
Besides being a sociopath, one of my other passions is genealogy (No, I ain't Mormon) Anyhoo, I recently discovered that I am a 10th cousin to a woman named Stanley Ann Dunham (talk about sociopaths, who names a little girl Stanley?!?!) Who the Hell is Stanley A. Dunham you may axe? Click here for the answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Dunham
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

I think several here have commented on one of the things that I thought was good about Stan's new trike..... the fact that it was different than all the others. It is nothing like the Boss Hoss Trikes. It only mildly overall even resembles the other V8 Chopper trikes. Therefore it can attract completely different riders than any of the others have in the past. We have also already seen some previous owners who are making orders for the touring trike.

Shane
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Carl La Fong wrote:
SQ4MN wrote:No matter weather its Stan or Boss Hoss or Vanquish or Sabertooth or whoever comes up with a new design for a bike or trike, some will love it and some will hate it and some wont give a fuck. Stan knows all about different strokes for different folks and he knew that everybody wouldn't like or dislike the new trike. If you need more proof of this remember that there are even people who still like Obama. Dave/Squirm
Besides being a sociopath, one of my other passions is genealogy (No, I ain't Mormon) Anyhoo, I recently discovered that I am a 10th cousin to a woman named Stanley Ann Dunham (talk about sociopaths, who names a little girl Stanley?!?!) Who the Hell is Stanley A. Dunham you may axe? Click here for the answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Dunham
Carl,,, i would have to saw that damn limb off, and darn sure wouldn't admit to it. but hey,,, different strokes

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

LaFong, Luckily you are a sociapath so this bit of unpleasent news will just roll off you as usual and you can turn it into a plus. Call your distant cousin and have him wave all the bullshit forms and any other stuff you would normally have to fill out and just give you a two or three hundred thousand dollar grant to study some crazy ass subject you come up with. Tell him you'll kick him back something so that you'll for sure seal the deal. Try to make this happen before Miami so you'll have plenty of cash for the ride. Dave/Squirm

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

Like it or not, who cares?

To each their own. I've owned Boss Hoss trikes and bikes, and Boss Hoss bikes converted to trikes by Tom Breedlove. I ordered the first one of Stan's touring trike a few months back after sitting in a mock up, talking with him, etc. Sits low (for a trike), great suspension, room to change leg positions and a reserve tank to carry about 10 gallons. Dart 400m race block at over 500 horses. I wanted a big trunk, Janice goes on the back a lot and 'when momma's not happy, nobody's happy'. So, she can carry all her stuff and gets a comfortable seat to ride on. I can carry tools for repair if needed, etc. and your jackets, gloves, etc. when you need them. When you have to stop for gas or to stretch, I'll wave as I go by. See you at the destination.

The build quality is top notch and if you need repair, thay have come across the country before to fix owners' problems. Try that with the other manufacturer. Sorry, not enough room in my trunk for your Nesco bike tranny when yours goes out.

I think that many of the V8 bikes and trikes others drive look like crap and/or handle poorly, so why should those folks be offended by what I like? If you don't like mine, screw you- I don't care. If I don't like yours, screw me- why should you care? I was looking for a 3 wheel retro street rod with a trunk, that's what I got. It works for me, but it's sure not for everyone. As long as you like yours, that's all that counts. Besides, really boring if everyone has the same V8 bike or trike.

As far as 'the masses', there is no 'masses' when it comes to V8 bikes or trikes. Only 2 major manufacturers (nothing against Vanquish, a great bike, wish I could afford one of theirs too). Totaled together, the 2 manufacturers have 2 bike lines (one each) and 3 trike lines (1 for Boss Hoss (sorry folks, different body styles don't count) and 2 for V8Choppers.) Various engine choices don't count as product lines.

So, let's all meet with our 'I don't like yours' V8 bikes and trikes at the titty bar with a bunch of $1 bills and we can laugh at each other. Oops, that's what they are doing in Daytona now.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

REALLY, IT LOOKS LIKE ENOUGH ROOM FOR A NESCO!! Dave/Squirm

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

SQ4MN wrote:REALLY, IT LOOKS LIKE ENOUGH ROOM FOR A NESCO!! Dave/Squirm

Now THAT'S funny (actually one will fit but then I can't fit my cooler with cold ones in the trunk). Beer or a Nesco, easy call.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I have heard the rumor, that Stan could fit in that trunk..........

Hurry up with the pictures................... :mrgreen:

Geez
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

SBarrV8 wrote:Like it or not, who cares?

To each their own. I've owned Boss Hoss trikes and bikes, and Boss Hoss bikes converted to trikes by Tom Breedlove. I ordered the first one of Stan's touring trike a few months back after sitting in a mock up, talking with him, etc. Sits low (for a trike), great suspension, room to change leg positions and a reserve tank to carry about 10 gallons. Dart 400m race block at over 500 horses. I wanted a big trunk, Janice goes on the back a lot and 'when momma's not happy, nobody's happy'. So, she can carry all her stuff and gets a comfortable seat to ride on. I can carry tools for repair if needed, etc. and your jackets, gloves, etc. when you need them. When you have to stop for gas or to stretch, I'll wave as I go by. See you at the destination.

The build quality is top notch and if you need repair, thay have come across the country before to fix owners' problems. Try that with the other manufacturer. Sorry, not enough room in my trunk for your Nesco bike tranny when yours goes out.

I think that many of the V8 bikes and trikes others drive look like crap and/or handle poorly, so why should those folks be offended by what I like? If you don't like mine, screw you- I don't care. If I don't like yours, screw me- why should you care? I was looking for a 3 wheel retro street rod with a trunk, that's what I got. It works for me, but it's sure not for everyone. As long as you like yours, that's all that counts. Besides, really boring if everyone has the same V8 bike or trike.

As far as 'the masses', there is no 'masses' when it comes to V8 bikes or trikes. Only 2 major manufacturers (nothing against Vanquish, a great bike, wish I could afford one of theirs too). Totaled together, the 2 manufacturers have 2 bike lines (one each) and 3 trike lines (1 for Boss Hoss (sorry folks, different body styles don't count) and 2 for V8Choppers.) Various engine choices don't count as product lines.

So, let's all meet with our 'I don't like yours' V8 bikes and trikes at the titty bar with a bunch of $1 bills and we can laugh at each other. Oops, that's what they are doing in Daytona now.

Steve,
when I ordered my 07 SS bike (it was one of the first SS bikes build). I have read comments in the internet like "Pussy Bike" - "Lady's Bike" - Boss Hoss "Super Small" and so on - and my bike was not even delivered to my home.

Like you, I didn't cared at all, because it was and still is exactly what I wanted - the smallest V8 frame available. The trike is what you wanted and I'm sure it will turn out fine for what you bought it, for cross country touring. It is different for sure, so some like it and some don't. At the end of the day we are a small family and should be above such things and have a good time together.

Olaf
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

Olaf,

You are right on target. You wanted the smallest V8 frame for whatever reason and yours works for you. Who cares what anybody else thinks? it works for you, that's all that matters.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

Geezer wrote:I have heard the rumor, that Stan could fit in that trunk..........

Hurry up with the pictures................... :mrgreen:

Geez
Geezer, No rumor. It's true. And he shut the top down too. No, my larger frame (read bigger ass) did not fit in the trunk.

Hmmm, if only it would hold 2 blondes........
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:
SBarrV8 wrote:Olaf,

You are right on target. You wanted the smallest V8 frame for whatever reason and yours works for you. Who cares what anybody else thinks? it works for you, that's all that matters.

Great posts and attitude Steve.

Enjoy the new trike!

Wildman,

I need some more of those 'Not Giving a Shit Even As We Speak' buttons- gave all of mine away to folks that thought they were great. New trike delivery due mid April.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Steve,
that's what it's all about. No matter what V8 bike or trike we ride, 99% of the "normal" bikers think we are crazy, anyway...hahahaha

Just curious - do you plan to sell your two other trikes? Or do you own three trikes in the near future?

Olaf
Toastie

Post by Toastie »

Squeezin my big ass in here for a moment......

I shaved my head for 22 years, I was told to grow hair, so I did. Now Im told to get a haircut.
I rode my decker and was teased by those who rode with me I was too slow. I bought the 502, they shut the hell up and mysteriously I ride alone now. Multi-wheel bikes has me wanting a WW2 BMW, sidecar and mounted twin MG 42's and plenty ammo. I aint none too pretty and wouldnt take too much offense if I was accused of being pretty.

Im different, and hope to hell everyone is. Variety is key here. The more the better. I gotta say, without ever meeting the man Stan, keep up the great work. Guys like him, give guys like me who cant build one something to ride, if we choose !!

The only thing aerodynamic is air, its there, already made.
Now back to my good looks .......... LMAO
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:
SBarrV8 wrote:
W1LDMAN wrote:

Steve, the pins were a lot of fun. :shock: Haha. Got a few more here and will send them this week. WM
Wildman,

Thanks much. Beers on me at Miami in May.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

KrautV8 wrote:

Steve,
that's what it's all about. No matter what V8 bike or trike we ride, 99% of the "normal" bikers think we are crazy, anyway...hahahaha

Just curious - do you plan to sell your two other trikes? Or do you own three trikes in the near future?

Sold Janice's 57 Chevy trike to Jack Phillips at Bike Week 2009. Sold my 502bb Willys trike at the V8 event in Okla. last May. So I've been 'V8 less' since May. As the line goes "I fell the need, the need for speed."

Olaf
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8