Daytona Conda Available for Bike Week

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

Daytona Conda Available for Bike Week

Post by Els »

There is one 1 bedroom condo (with additional sofa sleeper) available for Bike Week. A number of the V8 guys stay here. I'll be there, Chris Capps, Gary S. and I believe Wild Bill. Not sure who else. It is right on the beach about 10 minutes from Main Street. My favorite part....underground parking so no weather or salt issues for your bike! It is the Tropic Sun Towers.

UPDATE FEB. 2nd.........CONDO IS SPOKEN FOR. THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.

Elliot

Last edited by Els on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: Daytona Conda Available for Bike Week

Post by Buck »

mind if I impose on your thread? I also have a similar condo for rent at a super great price just about next door at the Tropic Shores from Sat-Sat. Is a queen bedroom, pull-out sofa, full kitchen, living room and balcony over looking the beach, plus a bunch of other stuff. Contact me directly
buckgodwin1@embarqmail.com

Buck
Els

Post by Els »

Buck wrote:mind if I impose on your thread? I also have a similar condo for rent at a super great price just about next door at the Tropic Shores from Sat-Sat. Contact me directly
buckgodwin1@embarqmail.com

Buck

Hey Buck, whaddya mean hijacking my thread (.)< trying to rent YOUR condo, ha ha :lol: ?

Just kidding of course. Seems like between the Tropic Sun and Tropic Shores, there are a bunch of us staying there. As you know, I stay at Tropic Shores much of the time with Steve. Just so happens I'll be at the Sun this time. Steve won't be coming to Daytona this trip.

Is this an extra condo you have or are you not coming? Anyone looking for a nice place at an affordable price would be well served considering either of these opportunites as they're 1st rate, great location, and amongst numerous other V8 folks.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Elliot,
What do you mean, STEVE WON'T BE COMING TO DAYTONA???!!!

Seriously, I was looking forward to him showing off and enjoying his new trike as much as anything this year!

Bill

P.S. Yes, I do stay at the Tropic Sun each year and love it. Every room is ocean-front, underground parking as Elliot already said (bikes don't get wind/sand blown or that ocean-front crap all over them each night), bike wash area (also underground), great staff and it's convenient to the places that I like to hang out. I actually bought my time-share at the Tropic Sun from Steve several years ago.
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
Els

Post by Els »

Wild Bill wrote:Elliot,
What do you mean, STEVE WON'T BE COMING TO DAYTONA???!!!

Seriously, I was looking forward to him showing off and enjoying his new trike as much as anything this year!

Bill

P.S. Yes, I do stay at the Tropic Sun each year and love it. Every room is ocean-front, underground parking as Elliot already said (bikes don't get wind/sand blown or that ocean-front crap all over them each night), bike wash area (also underground), great staff and it's convenient to the places that I like to hang out. I actually bought my time-share at the Tropic Sun from Steve several years ago.

Bill,

You know those State workers. He was bribed probably by Obama himself to chaperone a bunch of wild college coeds to some exotic location in the guise of it being higher education. Those college professor types got it good. All expenses paid (by us poor taxpayers of course) to eat, drink, and check out the bikinis and then they pay him some huge overtime dollars to boot.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I'd probably skip Daytona for that deal too! I think he'll be picking up the new touring trike soon thereafter.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Man,it's killing me cause we can't go this year. Aaargh!
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

Bill,

You know those State workers. He was bribed probably by Obama himself to chaperone a bunch of wild college coeds to some exotic location in the guise of it being higher education. Those college professor types got it good. All expenses paid (by us poor taxpayers of course) to eat, drink, and check out the bikinis and then they pay him some huge overtime dollars to boot.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I'd probably skip Daytona for that deal too! I think he'll be picking up the new touring trike soon thereafter.

Elliot[/quote]

Hey, us poor state employees have to have two income families and second jobs just to get by. Monterrey Mexico, all expenses paid (limit $100/day bar tab), 20 grad and undergrad students (so what if almost all are female) for a week and nice flat rate fee to me to boot vs. hanging around with a bunch of middle age farts like us. Actually, a hard decision but I need the funds to finish paying Stan on the trike. And, of course, Janice gets something since I get the trike. I suggested a couple of new guns for her but she says jewelry. A 50BMG would be more fun.

Stan should have one model of the new touring trike there at BIke Week for review, test drives, etc., mine should be ready not long after Bike Week. See it at Miami in May. Besides, if mine were at Bike Week without me, you clowns would have 3k on it before I ever saw it and would have numerous time slips from the drags.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
Els

Post by Els »

You have no idea how disappointed I am that your new trike won't be at Daytona. With you not being there, I had plans to do some serious cross country, tire smoking, drag racing, bar hopping, police evading, cruising on your trike after hours. I was going to disconnect the odometer naturally so you'd still be getting a brand spanking new trike when you took delivery.

Hey, what are friends for? :lol:

E
Image Image Image
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

Els wrote:You have no idea how disappointed I am that your new trike won't be at Daytona. With you not being there, I had plans to do some serious cross country, tire smoking, drag racing, bar hopping, police evading, cruising on your trike after hours. I was going to disconnect the odometer naturally so you'd still be getting a brand spanking new trike when you took delivery.

Hey, what are friends for? :lol:

E

Hi Elliot,

Exactly why the trike is catching up with me later. A new trike needing new tires and an oil change....go figure.

Elliot, from your comment I think that you are turning Democrat- "What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too". I knew I could count on you.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
Els

Post by Els »

The condo room listed here has been spoken for. Thanks for you interest.

Elliot

Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

So... guess who`s gonna be there.... :mrgreen: I am excited to make this one!
Els

Post by Els »

Tom wrote:So... guess who`s gonna be there.... :mrgreen: I am excited to make this one!

Tom,

The brotherhood welcomes you to Daytona 8-) . Laughlin is like a little poker run in comparison. Almost all the V8 guys on the forums hang in Daytona. Some great vendors, lots of bikes and babes, hopefully some great weather for some great rides. The only thing you have to be concerned about is the low life neighbors you'll have in the condo you're getting. Especially WB :lol:

The ride and good times continue...

Elliot
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Tom wrote:So... guess who`s gonna be there.... :mrgreen: I am excited to make this one!
OH YEAAAAAH!!! Image
NcChopper

Post by NcChopper »

Glad you're making it out, Tom!!!

Chris
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Morning Els, we will both be there at the TS, arriving Sat and leaving the following Sat. This will be the first time we will stay more than 3-4 days, will have to adapt and slow down and not rush and try to do and see everything in a few days as we have in the past. Maybe y'all can catch up with us at the Metz, 2136 S. Atlantic, the one down the road toward Main St. and across from the El Carib Hotel. Really looking forward to this, looks as if the V8 run will be something to see and the cookout should also be fun, you missed a good one in October, torrential downpour but that's why they make trucks, company was still great.
Buck
Els

Post by Els »

Hi Buck,

Do you mean Tropic Sun or Tropic Shores when you say "TS"? Chris, Tom, and myself will be north at the Tropic Sun.

Glad to hear you'll have more time than normal this trip. Almost always have to count on a few days being weather days in the spring or fall while there. Yes, having truck comes in handy!

We'll make it a point to cruise by the Metz, you make it a point to come by Stan's set up at the Speedway! I'm usually not a participant for the big, organized rides but I'll 100% be at the BBQ at Billy's as always. We'll be visiting for sure!

When you posted here some time back, there was a reference to "whup ass". I put some info up regarding Roy Mercer. Did you ever check that stuff out?

Elliot
Image Image Image
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

**I mean the Tropic Shores--
**Definitely will see y'all at Billy's as I have been recruited to assist flipping burgers, remember to ask if I brought along some of my special eastern NC elixir of life--
**Will also see all at Stan's as I have been offered a test on one of the bikes, anyway we always check him out but have normally missed the "group" when we go--
**As far as the can of "Whup Ass" I vaguely remember the post but that's about it, CRS I reckon
**21 more days!!
Buck
Els

Post by Els »

Buck, if you don't do anything else today, either look at the thread on this site, 2nd page on the listing of topics titled "Whupp Ass" or do a Google search for "Roy Mercer". It was your thread. Wildman or myself put up the link to get you to "Roy Mercer". Any self respecting NC boy will love it.

Not sure what the "special eastern NC elixir of life" is but if it has anything to do with food or drink, this western NC boy will look forward to it.

See you in a few odd weeks...

Elliot
Image Image Image
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

**Duuuuuh, now I remember
**I will have to make a note to bring along that Elixir of Life, a liquid by the way

Buck
Els

Post by Els »

Blizzard conditions here in the NC mountains. Low was 8 degrees this morning with -18 wind chill. We've had gusts to near 70 mph and the same or worse for tonight. We are getting about 10-12" of new snow with over a foot and a half still on the ground. I think the Canadians would even be cold here right now :shock: .

With the above in mind, Daytona is sounding better than ever! Hoping there's a big need for T-shirts, sun tan oil and no rain gear. I've been pretty lucky the last few Daytonas.

If anyone is going to be there on the front end, I'm arriving Friday, Feb 26 late day. Probably shuttling some hardware between Billy's and the track.

Anyhow, it's been a bit quiet about Daytona and I thought I'd try stirring up some chatter. Looking forward to seeing all the regulars and of course the folks that haven't been in a while...or ever (like Tom C.) !

Elliot

Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Man, I`m sure looking forward to it...I arrive iin Daytona at 11:30 Tuesday AM. Been working out a little flat spot in my carb so I hope it runs better this trip!!! :mrgreen:
NcChopper

Post by NcChopper »

Boy am I looking forward to it, too! Haven't ridden in a good while and can't wait. I'll be rolling in late Monday night or Tuesday by lunch.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Tom wrote:Man, I`m sure looking forward to it...I arrive iin Daytona at 11:30 Tuesday AM. Been working out a little flat spot in my carb so I hope it runs better this trip!!! :mrgreen:
Tom, did you ship your bike to Daytona, if so who with?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Elvis... John (car wash king) is taking some bikes so he is bringing it for me. YEAH BABY!!!!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Sounds like it's going to be cooler than normal . Bring your leathers, gloves and long sleeve shirts .

Jack