V8 Choppers Touring Trike is close

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SBarrV8

V8 Choppers Touring Trike is close

Post by SBarrV8 »

Hi Folks,

Just talked to Stan. Body molds done. The most recent prototype frame was fitted with all drive train parts and test driven without the body. Then stripped down. Prototype frame sent to frame maker for jigs and to make my frame (the first of their new touring trike). Running board molds and radiator molds being made.

Dart 400 m race block at 500+ horse. 2 speed powerglide. The new touring trike body with reserve gas tank. Electric choke. Huge trunk. 5 spoke mags. Very cool rear lights (no details yet but they are very retro cool). Nice passenger area with backrest built into body. 18 inch rear rims. 295 rear tires. Big disc brakes. 2.5 inch exhaust pipes. Coil over shocks, adjustable.

Paint scheme determined (more later, you'll have to wait and se it in Daytona). If you are very cute and 36C + you can sit on it if you are naked and I get an 8x10.

This should be fun.

Hey Green Bean, get Melba the 'stock' version of this.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Re: V8 Choppers Touring Trike is close

Post by V8 Perv »

Steve, You think that trikes gonna have enough motor
with that little Dart engine? :twisted:

I saw the touring trike a couple weeks ago while
paying Stan for my chopper bike and it really is
taking shape nicely!

Deb and I might just have to make a trip to Daytona
as she really wants to sit on your trike.

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Having seen some mock ups of this trike including body shell, it is going to be a really cool unveiling and knock the socks off anyone inclinded toward a 3 wheeler. This doesn't mitigate the fact that V8Choppers will still be putting those other very cool trikes out there. All models are awesome with a niche for just about everyone. Whenever I see Billy's hot rod trike I go nuts.

It will be very interesting seeing this trike previewed in Daytona. I suspect there is going to be some big crowds and serious interest.

I love the motor Steve's using. Same as in my bike but I suspect there may be a lot of appeal with something a bit more tame as well. Stan's choice of the "stock" motor for this trike is as perfect as it gets in my opinion. If someone is going to do some true touring as this trike will be designed and capable of, the stock motor may stretch it's legs a bit more as far as range yet still be incredibly snotty. That's a cat Stan and V8Choppers can let out of the bag at Daytona.

Don't let too many cats out of the bag Steve! We want everyone to be chomping at the bit and leaving something for the imagination don't we?! Keep 'em drooling and wondering!....

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
SBarrV8

Post by SBarrV8 »

Hi Elliot,

I see us riding the 2 lane roads in the N.C. mountains regularly in this. Oh yea, the trunk should be large enough for us to carry the rifles and pistols to the range (well, maybe not that large caliber car destroying monster of yours but certainly the 223s and 308s.
Steve H. Barr
SBarrV8

Feel free to disagree with me- I support your right to be wrong.
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

SBarrV8 wrote: Hey Green Bean, get Melba the 'stock' version of this.