Warpony Customs Saves the Day!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
EAGLE

Warpony Customs Saves the Day!

Post by EAGLE »

ALCON,
I just want to give a big War Cry Out (That's a Good Thing :wink: ) to Warpony Customs for their excellent work on the Miss Understood Beast. My son and I drove up there last Friday and picked her up. The bike is running strong and Brother Bear took out all of the misalignment issues ( engine, trans and pully) that have been the problem since I picked her up originally. The Beast has been up to 150mph and back with no issues. Bro' Bear put her through the paces with acceleration, deceleration, upshift and down shifts under as many conditions as he could think of trying to make the belt jump with no problems. The new pully and wedge ring are ALOT thicker than the old parts at the contact areas and the nuther new belt is tracking straight and true. The old new pully even ripped the heads off the small bolts that I had machined to hold the pressed on guide ring on the back that had fallen off. The output support shaft bearing assembly also failed for the second time and I will no longer be using it. Warpony Customes also went the extra step and detailed the bike. My Gawd! It has never looked so good! Better than new (to me at least). My family and I can't thank Warpony Customs and the whole Redd family enough for everything that they have done for us. Grandfather truly blessed us with these folks when we needed them the most. They even fed us Turkey and fixin's!

And now, the Rest of the Story. As many of you know, we have been using a very small trailer to transport the Beast and that there have been a couple of "oh Shuckses". Well.......... we/I did it again. We were attempting to get the bike in the trailer, we even had aquired longer ramps, and it was just short of just enough. We thought that we were clear underneath when my foot slipped off the makeshift stands that we set up. This was just enough to poke o hole on my new (kind of new) B&M fluid cooler. We backed the bike back down the ramp and oil was all over it. When Mama Bear saw what happened, I thought that she was going to cry. Bro' Bear was offering to fix this too, even before I stopped cussing myself (to myself), but I just couldn't ask them to do any more than they have already done. I'd take her home and fix it myself. Thank you Brother Bear for the most generouse offer AGAIN. I knew that without running the bike under power that it would take me, my son and two good O'l boys to get it out of the trailer and up the hill into my garage and Bro' Bear knew this too. So........... Warpony Customs offered to lend me their trailer that they had at the Dyersburg event to take her home. WOW! What a difference the right trailer makes!

The Saga Continues. About half way home I was getting extremely tired and decided to pull over, top off and check the bike and nap for an hour. Well............. When Kelan opened the trailer to check the bike........ YEP! you guessed it, it was on it's side :( . The short version is that the oil from the tranny got around the front tire and the contact point, front, on the tire had oil on it from coming down the ramp from the small trailer efforts. REMARKABLY after we got her upright we could find no damage. The right peg assembly absorbed the fall! Kelan and I spent about an hour cleaning up the floor (drip pan came loose) of oil and repositioning the beast. The way we had her tied down actually saved her when she went over. I bought another strap from the Pilot store there and secured the front tire to the front rest point and she rode home without further incident.

And Then!... I ordered my new cooler from Summit Racing (not to be confused) and if their tracking information is correct, the part will be here today. YAY! Not So Fast there Alfalfa!!! It looks like they sent the wrong one :roll: CRAP!!! Oh well, I'm used to not riding her anyway :wink: . I'll get this too straightened out. After all, it IS a labor of Love.

Thanks Again to Warpony Customs and Brother and Sister Redd for fixing the "core" problems. Thanks to you, I'll be in the wind soonest and won't need a "Chase Truck" any more!!! You guys are the best!!!!!

FOOTNOTE: We're buying the trailer from Brother Bear as he has a newer better one. Rest ASSURED that the Warpony Customs logo will forever stay on it as long as we own it. I've just got to get their WEB site info added to it on three sides! :D
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
AR

Re: Warpony Customs Saves the Day!

Post by AR »

I'm starting to think you gotta be making this up Eagle man...talk about emotional rollercoaster.golly gosh wont you will remember this time fondly in the years to come.
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Brother Rob,

You are right about the emotional roller coaster. that's why I don't do amusement parks :lol: I only wish that I was making it up. Unfortunately, I have a big box of broken parts to prove it all :roll: . Jep, I have to remember that it is a labor of love and all will be well soonest thanks in no small part to Brother Bear and Warpony Customs! 8-) . We aren't going to let any of this or anyone involved beat us down. ;)
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Aussie Rob wrote:I'm starting to think you gotta be making this up Eagle man...talk about emotional rollercoaster.golly gosh wont you will remember this time fondly in the years to come.
Rob,
I sure wish he was! :cry: Our purse sure would be a lot fatter if he was, But unfortunely he is not! :( It has really been one hell of a trip to get the Beast fixed right, and you know what they say.....the third time is the charm..I feel that Bear and Mama Bear are our Lucky Charms. Mr. Redd really knows his stuff and is very good at what he does and he is as honest as the day is long! :D
Butterfly
KISS

Post by KISS »

It was good news that the BIGGEST problems are solved! :lol: I´ll have a beer for that!
bob gbur

Post by bob gbur »

Wow Eagle , im gona need a couple of beer's after reading that.
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Me too Bro's. I put a couple of cooler installation pics in Tech under transmissions if you want to see the install.........
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

KISS wrote:It was good news that the BIGGEST problems are solved! :lol: I´ll have a beer for that!

Kiss,
Have one for me too!!!!!????? :D
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

bob gbur wrote:Wow Eagle , im gona need a couple of beer's after reading that.

Bob,
Have a few more...for me????? It has been a long and costly road for Eagle's Beast!
If all's willing, we really feel that we have gotten the main problem from the get-go fixed..Thanks to War Pony Customs and Bear, now on to the everyday stuff that can go wrong. :roll:
Butterfly