Drag Racing Buds

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

Re: Drag Racing Buds

Post by Els »

I would like to say something else and will do so via this thread, not privately. As mentioned, you guys are who made this stuff public, for everyone to read fodder. I don't by the way disagree with some of what's said.

I've never said you couldn't reply to whatever thread you care to. I suggested your beef with a dealer should have been done privately.

1. I didn't dispute any of the what's mentioned here.
2. Two sides to every story. I won't go here in spite of having heard much from Mike on this.
3. I've heard how damaged you are for months now. That's my translation of "poor pitiful me".
4. I "truthfully" know at that race, Mike didn't have the bike for sale.
5. Yes
6. I have no knowledge of this.
7. Ok, if you say so.
8. I've never had a crystal ball big enough to know when something is going to break and sometimes if it's broken if I'm riding it.
9. The "bitching" I refer to are the personal attacks you continually make and suggest you're going to continue to make.
10. I didn't want to imply what anyone can afford. I just want to suggest there's high costs associated with these type bikes vs a reliable mass production bike like a Honda. It's totally none of my business what you can or can't afford. I perhaps shouldn't have said anything about this. Sorry. I regret hearing any owner has to spend unexpected dollars for repairs...unless it's purchased "as is" and agreed to that.
11. There are 2 sides to this "truth" you reference. I do in fact know the truth as related by Mike who I've known for years. I don't know you and stand behind Mike with respect to the chain of events...which you've never once mentioned.
12. I'm not going to have anyone contact you. If they don't have the stones to say what they think directly to you, my suggesting they do so doesn't mean squat. I have no issue with you here. There are folks that don't like you and probably more that don't like me. So goes it. I had the balls to confront you hoping you'd take your snide remarks away from the public forum. I've got Mike's number if you need it.
13. Again, I don't know specifics here. I do know I rode next to that bike MANY times and would have suspected any known or on-going problem would have been addressed as it was Mike's personal ride. I'm not saying nothing was wrong as I had no knowledge of whether it did or didn't. I'm saying it shouldn't have been handled via posts on a web board. That's my beef.
14. I'll be the first to tell you I think that's great.

This can of worms was opened not by me but by you guys on two boards and over the course of months now. My involvement is as stated before. I've view Mike as a friend and a capable and respectable business person. Your continued dialogue about "lacking in", "lied to", etc was unacceptable to me before and is so now via waving this under everyone's nose. It's a foregone conclusion that no dealer or MFG can get involved in participation on these boards. It's not professional, not good business, and as such, leaves them succeptable to being pummeled without opportunity to correct inaccurate or overblown statements and issues. I personally believe yours to be so based upon "the other side of the story".

I will conclude this by again suggesting I'm glad you guys have whatever problem resolved, glad the bike is in the hands of passionate owners who seem to greatly appreciate it, and simply suggest that you either let this thing die a quick death as far as public personal sniping, keep it out of the public domain, or expect to take some shit from those that value Mike and Summit either for friendship or business reasons. You have any friends you won't take up for when they're being bashed? I don't. I've said all I'm going to say to you in public...I promise.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Can't I leave you kids alone for even a minite?!?!?!? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: Bottom line, "I hope" is that, that CRAP happened and we have overcome it with alot of help from alot of people, including to some extent Mike, at least in the beginning. I/we respect all concerned and even more to interpersonal friendships. When me and mine go down range it's for "every American" no matter what. Can't we all just "Feel the Love?" 8-). Some cuts are deeper than others and therefore take longer to heal. Our community is just too small for relationships between individuals to spread amongst ourselves. Truths are and will always be such and those who were "there" know without speculation or inuendo exactly what was said and done, and no one else can. Everything else has already been beat to death. HOWEVER!!! Let the PM's FLY!!! :twisted: I'm goin' ridin'! Heeeere Beastie Beastie Beastie!!! Wat Ta Hey!!!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Again removed, Not because I am wrong, this is just not the place to rehash what was done to Eagle and I.
Last edited by Butterfly on Sat May 10, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Butterfly
sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Butterfly wrote:Elliot,

You really have no clue...... :roll:

Again we were promised for it to be fixed and or parts paid for...and was not.....as for "bitching" when I am asked, I will state our side of the story.....Period!!!!!!!

If you don't like what I write..just do like I and others do and don't read or respond to it.

Now have a Very Nice Day!!!!!
Your right, we have really no clue...after having been on the Yahoo site, this site and the V8 site, I can honestly say, I can't remember anyone pissing and moaning about a bike they bought as much as this one, christ...move on, we are all sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Any chance we can get back to some talk about
some serious drag racing? This was a pretty cool
thread and now it's all fucked up! :cry:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Iowa 57 chevy wrote:Any chance we can get back to some talk about
some serious drag racing? This was a pretty cool
thread and now it's all fucked up! :cry:

I'm with you 100%. I'm half that dance and apologize for it going that way. :cry: Eagle has a badass, cool as shit bike that is apparently running great and I seriously like hearing that. That is one of the very few bikes I'd simply say; "ok, you win!" :(

On a positive note and where this thread was intended to go... I pick up my chopper again in Mrytle Beach tomorrow. I've been told by a seriously reliable source who test rode it with the new gears that upon hitting the 4 barrel, it was "violent". :twisted: Needless to say I'll be on the hunt for some fun street challenges. Doing that on the street at any of these big bike events is difficult because of traffic and the potential for the dreaded blue light in the mirror.

One way or another, I head with bike to SW Florida in a few weeks and will be spending a month down there. We have plans to spend some time at the same drag strip shown on the aforementioned video. Immokalee Raceway is a great little track and there's a load of local guys running bikes. I suspect many of the guys shown in the video will be joining me.

Gary, who's red V8 chopper did the high 5 second time in the video, is working on a new chopper that is totally over the top. I'm not at liberty to disclose specifics but anyone who understands the numbers "671" will get the sneak preview. This has got to end up being one of the top dogs but then there's those down there who will simply see it as a challenge to go the next step as well.

There is actually a 1,000+ hp bike down there belonging to one of the prominent players in the video and the proposed show, Charlie H. His big aluminum motor is making about 800 hp, motor only, and then has a nitrous setup with another 300 or so hp. Charlie's goal was kind of like the fighter jet's power to weight ratio thing. He wanted 1 hp for every lb the bike weighed, hee hee. :shock:

Anyhow, if any of you guys are going to be anywhere around SW Florida in June, give me a shout and we'll give you directions to the track. Whether in the stands or on the track, it doesn't get much better. :D And then they'll be those weekend rides to South Beach and/or the Keys. Whoa......! 8-)

Els
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Sure wish I lived closer to Florida!

But for now will have to settle for
taking both trikes to a little Hillbilly
dragstrip at Conesville Iowa next
weekend. My goals are

#1 see lots of titties. :twisted:
#2 get my BB trike into the mid 6 seconds.
#3 see what the new LS-2 trike will do.
#4 drink some cold beer.

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Iowa 57 chevy wrote:Sure wish I lived closer to Florida!

But for now will have to settle for
taking both trikes to a little Hillbilly
dragstrip at Conesville Iowa next
weekend. My goals are

#1 see lots of titties. :twisted:
#2 get my BB trike into the mid 6 seconds.
#3 see what the new LS-2 trike will do.
#4 drink some cold beer.

#1.....Always a top priority! :?
#2.....Very difficult. I was able to get there with 325 Hoosiers, a wheelie bar and a big nitrous squirt on my '57 Chevy BB.
#3.....I'll come back to this below.
#4.....Well, one outta 4 ain't bad, ha ha. ;)

Regarding #3, you also have a LS2 trike? I've only seen/heard one LS2 running and it was a whole different animal than what I enjoy so much with the BB's. Did they ever straighten out the fuel delivery problems?

I'll be real anxious to hear your results. Even better, you may get to have a couple runs at it with Dave Ward if you're at Lacrosse. I know he'll have at least one of the DART trikes there. As much as you'd like to be able to come with us to the SW Florida track, that's how much I would want to be at Lacrosse this year. You guys are going to have a sweet ass time!

Again, drag results needed when you're able. Any pictures related to #1 also welcome!

Els
Image Image Image
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Your right, we have really no clue...after having been on the Yahoo site, this site and the V8 site, I can honestly say, I can't remember anyone pissing and moaning about a bike they bought as much as this one, christ...move on, we are all sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sb2bb,

:shock: Did move on :) , but I have not even started to "piss and moan"....but move on we have...which is so much better :D ......Thank you for your input....I hope you too, Have a Nice Day :D
Last edited by Butterfly on Sat May 10, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Butterfly
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Check out 4min 27 seconds into this slide show and 4 minutes 45 seconds. http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/vi ... dium=image
Last edited by SRF on Sat May 10, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Checkout 40 seconds into this video :twisted:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/vi ... dium=image

Els, I think Ron may have some surprises for you about his bigblock, I will let him explain his expectations of it. He should see an improvement over last year.

Ron, watching his video makes me want to jump on the bike next weekend and ride to Iowa.

Shane
KISS

Post by KISS »

More v8bike drag pics and vids MORE,please! :lol: Thanks!
Els

Post by Els »

SRF wrote:Checkout 40 seconds into this video :twisted:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/vi ... dium=image

Els, I think Ron may have some surprises for you about his bigblock, I will let him explain his expectations of it. He should see an improvement over last year.

Ron, watching his video makes me want to jump on the bike next weekend and ride to Iowa.

Shane

Shane, the first one wouldn't open. The one you had in this post did and was great!

Wow guys, I thought Immokalee was a "little track"! This one pictured is pretty darn small! No bleachers, no concrete barriers, etc. Sure did have a good crowd though!

The V8's were the definite crowd pleasers by way of the hooting and hollering. After all the V-twins running, looked like the crowd enjoyed the crotch rockets too.

I haven't seen a trike do what was shown before with the rear end bounce. That must have been a pretty exciting moment. The smoke show from the 2 wheeler got the crowd pretty cranked as well but sure queered his time.

When it comes to the track, I'm an addict. Most of my time of late has been in the bleachers though. It's sure easier on me on all fronts. Don't have to drag leathers down, wear a fullface helmet, don't break parts, don't have to bring the trailer, blah blah blah. Still, there's not much better an adrenalin rush than to get out there and go at it. Even the videos are a rush. Appreciate seeing them Shane.

Els
Image Image Image
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

I edited the first link should work now.

Shane
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Els, Shane and Ron,, i really like the track videos. how about more?

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Els

Post by Els »

Shane,

It's a good thing those V-twins go so slow. Half the folks racing were wearing T-shirts or tank tops, tennis shoes, etc! Hmmmm. :shock:

Looked like a lot of fun. Someone needs to find a sponsor(s) for that little track and get some bleachers and other good track fru fru. Makes drinking a cold beer and looking for nice ta ta's all the better. ;)

Darryl, I've got tons of track video from our running the bikes at Immokalee but unfortunately, they're not digital. Almost all are on the old 8mm Sony. Great to watch on the TV though. I was going to try my new telephone camera as the resolution is a lot better than my old one. If I get anything worthwhile at Myrtle Beach (packing and heading out in a few hours), I'll try sending it to Wild Man and see how that works.

Els
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Damn watching that video makes me all
the more anxious to get back to Conesville! :twisted:

As you can see they have less than a world class
facility but those people know how to have fun.

I may never get my trike into the mid 6 seconds
but I would bet the farm I will have a good time
and see hundreds of titties. :P

Will see if I can get some photos next
weekend. And will post my timeslips
even if they suck.

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Not trying to play "Mom" here but...be sure to put on some dead animal skins (leather). Shit happens at the track 2,3 or 4 wheeler. Those guys doing T-shirts, tank tops and tennis shoes have shit for brains IMHO. All the tracks I've ever been to require bikers to be leathered up. You can usually get away with jeans but gloves, boots, and jacket along with full face helmets are usual protocol. Then if you run certain times/speeds some will require full leather. I personally now do the body armor leather any time I ride the crotch rocket or run at the track. It's hot as shit but I've seen guys come off a bike at speed and brush themself off versus skin grafts and worse.

Els
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

[quote][quote="Els"]Not trying to play "Mom" here but...be sure to put on some dead animal skins (leather). Shit happens at the track 2,3 or 4 wheeler. Those guys doing T-shirts, tank tops and tennis shoes have shit for brains IMHO. All the tracks I've ever been to require bikers to be leathered up. You can usually get away with jeans but gloves, boots, and jacket along with full face helmets are usual protocol. Then if you run certain times/speeds some will require full leather. I personally now do the body armor leather any time I ride the crotch rocket or run at the track. It's hot as shit but I've seen guys come off a bike at speed and brush themself off versus skin grafts and worse.

Hey Mom,
Guys wearing T-shirts and tennis shoes have shit
for brains? My old man told me that if the shoe fits slip it on
and wear it. Last year I had no intention of trying to race
until I found out they would let anyone race and of course
I had to get my ass out there. If I would have met my maker
that day he would have seen a big smile on my face as that
was simply a blast. Something about all the crazy bastards
out there racing anything and everything with the I don't
give a shit attitude makes it a very wild event.

This year I was notified any racer going over 100 mph
will be required to wear a leather jacket. So maybe in
another 10-12 years the track will be up to your safety
recommendations.

My new and improved track attire will include
a new pair of leather boots and I will proudly
wear my Boss Hoss leather jacket!

I forgot to answer your question about
whether I own a LS-2 trike. I bought my
wife Deb a new 2008 57 Chevy trike with the
LS-2 motor. I think it might be a touch faster
than a stock 502 but can't be sure without
a few passes down the track. The LS-2 had
the slight hesitation issue that we have all
heard about. Just yesterday Clint Chapman
installed the new computer in our trike and
it seems to have eliminated the dead spot.
If a loud bad ass sounding machine is what
your looking for this won't do the trick.
The nasty remarks about it sounding like
a Goldwing are ridiculous and I know that
for a fact as I also own a Goldwing trike.

As for the La Crosse rally I welcome the chance
to try David Wards chopper trike on for size.
I went to Davids shop this winter and saw all
the V8 chopper bikes and trikes and was defiinitely
impressed with the looks and quality. If David
whoops me too badly I will have my checkbook
and just buy one.

Last but not least have a happy mother day! :P

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

I'm still wiping me eyes I laughed so hard. The last sentence of your post was priceless. :)

The "shit for brains" piece of my sermon may not be relevant for what you guys did...that day...that track...that crowd. Seems like I'm scoring big points pissing on folk's Corn Flakes lately. :shock: In my deal which is apparently different than what was going on at your track, we plan on going, plan on running, it usually consists of MANY runs (until the lines get too long or sumptin' breaks), and it's always going to be in excess of 100 mph. I saw a guy on a crotch rocket wearing beach clothes during the slides and video and guarantee he broke 100 mph. Now that I'm old like Geezer, I think conservatively. :lol: I'll stick with the sermon though...drag track = wearing leather.

Seems like there hasn't been much chatter about the LS2 replacing (?) the 502. I haven't been able to figure out BH's strategy here. Even if it was as fast or faster, it is missing exactly what you say; "a loud bad ass sounding machine." Seems to me that LOTS of the guys who fall for the 502 do it for exactly those reasons. I sure did 4 seperate times. There are definitely ways to make an LS2 or most small blocks sound pretty damn nasty. Just haven't been able to figure out the marketing strategy. Wonder how their sales are going with the LS2? Sure seems like the 502's are REAL popular in the resale arena. Also seemed like a natural evolution for many of the small block guys initially going that route but then feeling it was a "move up" to a 502. Repeat sales amongst their existing clientele seemed a great way to go. Wonder how many will consider it the same quantum leap going from a 350 to a LS2 versus a 350 to a 502? Possibly not interesting to many but I have thought about it a number of times.

I'll anxiously await the results of running the 502 trike against the 520 DART trike...in spite of my having figured out the conclusion. I've logged lots of time on numerous 502 trikes and a fair amount on Dave's 500 hp white trike. Again, I need to be there and can't. :cry: Hope you guys take some pics and video 'cause I know the lies will be big and many. :roll:

Els
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Els wrote:Seems like there hasn't been much chatter about the LS2 replacing (?) the 502. I haven't been able to figure out BH's strategy here. Even if it was as fast or faster, it is missing exactly what you say; "a loud bad ass sounding machine." Seems to me that LOTS of the guys who fall for the 502 do it for exactly those reasons. I sure did 4 seperate times. There are definitely ways to make an LS2 or most small blocks sound pretty damn nasty. Just haven't been able to figure out the marketing strategy. Wonder how their sales are going with the LS2? Sure seems like the 502's are REAL popular in the resale arena. Also seemed like a natural evolution for many of the small block guys initially going that route but then feeling it was a "move up" to a 502. Repeat sales amongst their existing clientele seemed a great way to go. Wonder how many will consider it the same quantum leap going from a 350 to a LS2 versus a 350 to a 502? Possibly not interesting to many but I have thought about it a number of times.

Els
Down here there is growing interest and a preference trend happening for the LS2 over the stock model or SS. The dealer owns an 502 as his personal ride and during one of our recent chats he mentioned that the LS2 would 'Leave it for Dead' and if he had to pick 1 only the LS2 would be it. A factor here may be that the sales are are almost exclusively new V8 bike owners...not much repeat business has yet happened. Maybe this is all mute anyway cause the 502 is history and I missed out fuk. :cry:
okie

Post by okie »

You guys talking about protective gear,I bought a Tourmaster air intake jacket for riding around in,has the mesh outer with removable armor in the back,shoulders and elbows,it has a waterproof,windproof liner,and also a quilted liner,all removable,so far go to 40 degrees and to 75 degrees all in one jacket,plus a measure of safety.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

W1LDMAN wrote:I have been away for a few days and I guess I missed a few things here. No big deal we have heard plenty about it over the last year or so. No need to remove any posts here as this is a free speech forum, I just hope we don't lose our focus and take any of the fun out of speaking our minds. From what I know of the subject both sides have some valid points and they have been made quite a few times. My opinion is its time to move on. Look forward to seeing you all at Paris in the fall and hope everyone has a great summer!! Keep the good posts coming!! WM
WildMan, Thank you and your words are so true. I "freely" removed my rebuttals because what I had said had been said many times over and if by now those who come to the V8 site don't know what happened, well then it's on them. I know what was done to us and that is all that counts :shock: It is time to move on and I will continue to try. :D

I just get really mad when Someone I love gets screwed over!!!! End of story....so forward we go!

BTW::: Eagle Has been getting alot of riding in and the "Beast" is growling and runnin like a Bitch in Heat!!!! :shock: Eagle is lovin every minute of it!!!! :lol: :lol: :D
Butterfly
Tom

Post by Tom »

Good deal!! Tell him to ride on out this way and we`lll show ya`ll around.
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

"BTW::: Eagle Has been getting alot of riding in and the "Beast" is growling and runnin like a Bitch in Heat!!!! Eagle is lovin every minute of it!!!!"

:shock: Bitches in Heat GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! :twisted:

Brother Tom,

If and when we can, we will. But do you think that the little old California ladies little hearts can stand our two big block attitudes rolling down the street at the same time?!? :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

EAGLE!!!!!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!