hogv8

Re: I'm Back...

Post by hogv8 »

Els wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Els wrote:Ken takes 1st prize when it came to V8 website contraversy. Els
I miss the Swans.:)

Elvis,

Your memory is very good. Better than mine for sure. I vaguely remember the association between V8eyedoc and the swans but forget the specifics. If able, jog my memory so I can stroll down Memory Lane!

I clearly remember his winter project one year do a complete rewire on his Boss Hoss. He bought a new wiring harness and it wasn't the same as the one in his bike. If memory serves me correct :?: I believe he had a '98 model. I believe he still has it but also has a Wing and perhaps a crotch rocket. Much of his recent riding is doing the PGR thing.

Els

I know a guy named Rick did a lot of work on Kens bike . I met Rick in Laconia N.H. back several years ago . Rick built one of the first Boss Hoss choppers I had ever seen . Very nice also .

Jack
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Welcome Home..Els..How about not running away any more... :roll: ....we All are human and as so we will at times disagree but that's okay...the one thing we do have in common is the love of a V8!!! I left the other site, over a year ago. I won't go back but I do read some of the threads. Have a good time and learn, talk and breath V8 Power!!!
Butterfly
Els

Post by Els »

BF,

Nothing was said or done here that chased me away from this site. It was nothing personal whatsoever.

I found it a bit cumbersome (translation: personally difficult) going back and forth between 2 V8 sites. Lots of redundancy with many of the same folks and topics on both sites. Just liked the simplicity of using a single site and there was more action on the other site although some of the stuff was just too pussy. Not the participants, but the school marm BS of you can't say this, you can't say that. Constant dancing around with what I really wanted to say and getting censored or spanked if it didn't pass inspection.

That said, I may occasionally read something interesting going on the other site if someone gave me heads up to check it out but I'm uncomfortable there. The claims of only moving threads if they don't have to do with m/c content are bull crap. Stuff gets moved if a moderator gets a hair up his ass to do so. The policy of having to talk like we're in a grade school classroom or church just didn't fit my late 50's, crusty, motorcycle background.

Anyhow, good to be back on a board where one can say it like it is. Political correctness is not my strong suit. The degenerates on this board don't seem to give a shit how you say something.

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Off Topic Experiment under Flying, better hurry before it's vaporised!

Waaa, Waaa, Waaaaa! Sniff Sniff. You hurt my feelings. You mean O'Moderator you. Your pretty face never crossed my infant mind when I made the post. Anything you may or may not have done, or will or won't do had anything to do with the point. Mayhaps the real problem is that ther aren't any "Babies" here. As a matter of fact, most of us are pretty crusty and don't much appreciate being treated like "Babies", Jaaaack
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Els

Post by Els »

EAGLE wrote:Off Topic Experiment under Flying, better hurry before it's vaporised!

Waaa, Waaa, Waaaaa! Sniff Sniff. You hurt my feelings. You mean O'Moderator you. Your pretty face never crossed my infant mind when I made the post. Anything you may or may not have done, or will or won't do had anything to do with the point. Mayhaps the real problem is that ther aren't any "Babies" here. As a matter of fact, most of us are pretty crusty and don't much appreciate being treated like "Babies", Jaaaack

Jack may have been guilty of squashing shit in the past but it was Adrian who had the heavy hand on the "MOVE", "CENSOR", and "VULGAR" buttons of late.
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

WM,

Jack is a friend. We've been exchanging emails all day regarding 4x4 UTV's. I corrected Eagle's post by clarifying why I got upside down on the other site. It was a result of Adrain's actions, not Jack's.

To further clarify just in the event any don't see this for what it is, you are exactly right. The other site is a "G" rated, family/workplace friendly site. This doesn't mitigate the fact that what Adrian did was arbitrary and it gets further proven by all the chatter that's gone on there of late that has ZERO to do with bikes yet doesn't get moved. His call.

In spite of this, there is no ongoing feud or bad feelings between Adrian and I. I'll be seeing him in about 3 weeks, I suspect we'll have a great time together, we will indeed be V8 brothers (definitely from different mothers ;) ) and we'll be able to talk about this with no problem if we decide to do so.

I've decided not to throw stones or have any personal issues but rather just to not use the other site.

Elliot
Image Image Image
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

W1LDMAN wrote:.Com chooses to be a family and work safe whatever that is and we don't. Even though we don't always agree with the censorship issues we are all V8 brothers in the wind whether you are a .com or .net fan. I know it can't be easy to try to maintain their site under their rules. My hat is off to our friend Jack for what he does over there. Not disagreeing with you either just throwing my two cents out there. Wildman//

Brother Wildman,

Agreed. There is peace. My issues with Jack run a little deep. I won't go in to it here, lets just say that it's between us Crusty Old Army guys. What just happened I had no intent to initiate, or to continue. Just another example of lips outrunning thought. BFly says I'm as subtle as a brick and she's probably right. I just gotta' be me.

EAGLE!!!!!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I am proud to say I was a personal friend of Bob Hites. We hung out at the same pool hall before he got famous. Years later Bob filled an old time juke box I had with 45s from his personal collection. He never let fame go to his head and I will always remember him as a good guy. Dave

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I kinda like being in a biker bar at 2am. :twisted:

Only problem is at 2am in Iowa they throw me out. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

W1LDMAN wrote:
I went over to the .net site and looked like I was in a biker bar at 2:00 AM so to each his own.

Adrian
A very accurate description. We are kinda proud of it. WM

Let me see if I get this... We all own bikes. We all own bad ass V8 bikes. Most of us have had bikes our entire life. Many of us have rubbed elbows amongst the Harley community for many years. We are adults. We are middle aged or beyond adults.

WTF is wrong with being at a biker bar at 2a.m.?
What is it here that reminds anyone of a biker bar at 2a.m.?
Why aren't I seeing naked women or getting drunk like I'd probably be doing in a biker bar at 2a.m.?

I do wholeheartedly agree with Adrian on one thing which makes all ok..."to each his own".

I'll again remind myself and anyone else, the moderators on the "V8 church social" site (as opposed to the "V8 biker bar at 2a.m." site) need to keep in mind the adherence to their G rating and work/family friendly environment. Nothing wrong with that and we should respect it...

Els
Last edited by Els on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

I was wondering if that was going to find it's way here as it was written to me yesterday. And I agree 100% with what has been said about it here. Struck me as, "Yea', and............." Personally as many of you have heard we said before, half my family are bikers and the other half are cops. The point is that the parties at 2am all end the same. Somebody IS going to Shoot Something! So what's the problem?

EAGLE!!!!!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I am really surprised Adrian would make a comment like that...oh well

Let's see if it gets moved :lol: :lol:
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Ric

Post by Ric »

Amen, Brudda.......

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

WM, You are a character, great post the (YOUNGBLOODS) and it was my pleasure talking to you the other night. Just to let you know how I feel about this BIKER BAR site, I FUCKIN LOVE IT HERE. Dave

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Els

Post by Els »

SQ4MN wrote:I FUCKIN LOVE IT HERE. Dave

What are you some kind of sick SOB? This place is "like a biker bar at 2:00 a.m." :shock:

Canadian guys giving credit to Dave for something I said or posted and doing cartoons, WM posting pics of babes with nice tits, Iowa Ron talking about topless bars and topless gals dropping the flag at the race track, Eagle saying shit to get in trouble over without even trying, Geezer doing surveys on breast size preferences, Anna just being cool, Olaf enjoying all the sick shit, and the list goes on forever. Hell, I didn't even mention the Pirate. All this and no one censoring everything out. Totally disgusting.This site is just seriously fucked up and everyone here must be some kind of degenerate....

:twisted: :lol: (.)< :D ;) :o :shock: :roll: 8-)

Els
Image Image Image
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Well that is obviously a bar, and it is 2am..how fitting!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
CanuckHoss

KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

I feel exactly like Toby Keith.....I loooove this bar!!!

[youtube]sL7ifSxp9xU[/youtube]
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Els wrote:BF,

Nothing was said or done here that chased me away from this site. It was nothing personal whatsoever.

I found it a bit cumbersome (translation: personally difficult) going back and forth between 2 V8 sites. Lots of redundancy with many of the same folks and topics on both sites. Just liked the simplicity of using a single site and there was more action on the other site although some of the stuff was just too pussy. Not the participants, but the school marm BS of you can't say this, you can't say that. Constant dancing around with what I really wanted to say and getting censored or spanked if it didn't pass inspection.

That said, I may occasionally read something interesting going on the other site if someone gave me heads up to check it out but I'm uncomfortable there. The claims of only moving threads if they don't have to do with m/c content are bull crap. Stuff gets moved if a moderator gets a hair up his ass to do so. The policy of having to talk like we're in a grade school classroom or church just didn't fit my late 50's, crusty, motorcycle background.

Anyhow, good to be back on a board where one can say it like it is. Political correctness is not my strong suit. The degenerates on this board don't seem to give a shit how you say something.

Els

I meant nothing with my posting..it was an attempt at being funny..and fell short...
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Okay, so I am in a Bar at 2AM.....why is no one buying me drinks? :lol: :lol:

I guess I just don't understand..on the com site we all have to use our "in church" fingers but we can post videos that when played by anyone, at any age, of any gender, of any race is singing about kicking someones ass....whats the difference in posting it in words and a video? I do understand the responsibility of a moderator for I was one for years on a well known chat site...but still...just a little too much for me that's why I love it here.....
Butterfly
zenbiker

Post by zenbiker »

This feels like "Old Times"! There is Elliot and Butterfly again! I think I'll have to be here more.
What the fuck...old and probably dying soon I am but this is good fun.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

zenbiker wrote:This feels like "Old Times"! There is Elliot and Butterfly again! I think I'll have to be here more.
Dying and old....speak for yourself! :lol:
Butterfly
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Butterfly wrote: but we can post videos that when played by anyone, at any age, of any gender, of any race is singing about kicking someones ass....whats the difference in posting it in words and a video?
BF,

Obviously it was missed, overlooked or something...videos were definitely censored too
CanuckHoss

gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Butterfly wrote:
zenbiker wrote:This feels like "Old Times"! There is Elliot and Butterfly again! I think I'll have to be here more.
Dying and old....speak for yourself! :lol:
Butterfly,

don't be so rough on Doc Joe,, he is just probably up to his ears in work,,,,

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Last edited by Redtro on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.