Wilwood Fixes

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
EAGLE

Wilwood Fixes

Post by EAGLE »

Wilwood Fixes,

Thank you for using Wilwood products.

I am unsure of which brake pad you are using, but the best pad for a low noise, low dust application is our Polymatrix Q compund. The PN you need would be 15q-6824k, $74. We also recommend that you use our noise absorbtion shim Pn 300-8259, $15. This is a self adhesive pad that stick to the steel backing plate of the brake pad, absorbing the harmonic that can develop between the stainless steel piston and steel backing plate. These parts are available thru any of our dealers or from us directly at 805-388-1188.

Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
hogv8

Re: Wilwood Fixes

Post by hogv8 »

My rear Wilwood brakes suck . Last winter I eliminated the rear brake lock , rebuilt the rear master cylinder and rear caliper { new rubber rings } , ran a new brake line directly from the rear master cylinder to the rear caliper and basically cleaned every thing up and for a short while i could actually lock the rear brake up . Since then they seem to be getting gradually worse with less stopping power and no way can I lock them up now . Today I removed the rear brake shoes and they were glazed over so I sanded them to rough them up and also roughed up the rear rotor somewhat because it was glazed also . After doing this I have only tried the rear brake in my driveway and it doesn't seem much better . Any ideas ??

Jack