Welcome Carl La Fong

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Welcome Carl La Fong

Post by Carl La Fong »

You like me.....you really like me!!! Sally Field 1985

Thanks for the kind welcome. The trans is moving, albeit slowly, along. I will be ready for a lap or 12 around the block soon. With the low gear and a lot less parasitic loss than the Nesco, I think it's gonna be a beast. 385 at the crank means zip if the drivetrain eats it up. We'll let the HP do the talkin'
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
AR

Post by AR »

Cool to see you Fong. Hook in and add value whenever you want. 8-)
Els

Post by Els »

Carl La Fong wrote:You like me.....you really like me!!! Sally Field 1985

Thanks for the kind welcome. The trans is moving, albeit slowly, along. I will be ready for a lap or 12 around the block soon. With the low gear and a lot less parasitic loss than the Nesco, I think it's gonna be a beast. 385 at the crank means zip if the drivetrain eats it up. We'll let the HP do the talkin'

Carl, welcome to the board. I think I like you in spite of the deserved jabs given me after my nasty post. I occasionally get a bit torqued over stuff and take it out on the keyboard. Just by way of the fact you mention you were thrown off the other board at one time, I feel some comraderie, ha ha. After reading your definition of political correctness, I'm sure you're a good guy.

The lack of substance you mention is the result of so few that are in to the wrenching and hotrod aspects of these bikes. I hang for any chatter given there. I've spent a good deal of time getting greasy with the V8's and riding them pretty hard. I have the good fortune of rubbing shoulders with a bunch of buds who will really wring them out at the track and work on them when we break them. Still, most of the chatter on the boards are related to non mechanical/performance and it occasionally sets me off. I've tried to get some things going from time to time that encourage performance talk exchanges but they usually aren't met with much participation. Just the way it is I guess the result of much fewer here involved in that sort of stuff.

In any case, count me in as one who will really look forward to hearing results of your work and experimentation. Again, welcome.

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image