Welcome David Ward and Royal Purple

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

Re: Welcome David Ward and Royal Purple

Post by Els »

Dave sent me a picture of the new bike while still at Stan's. Unreal beautiful. Wish I could hear that 600 hp via the pictures dammit. :evil:

As far as the Royal Purple thing, I'm an insurance and real estate guy. You want to put up some of my stuff? Just kidding! ;)

I've talked oil with David before and he's as knowledgable as it gets. I currently have Royal Purple in all my vehicles including the F350 diesel. Stan (or DART Motors) are using Royal Purple 5W-20 in the new chopper motors.

Now that I've said all that good stuff, David is a real @#$%^&* :x . Here I'm feeling all kind of great about my 520 hp motor and he comes along and one ups me. Scrawny little motor, I'm going to go out and kick it. ;)

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

El... Didn`t you say something about a frame mod when they built your bike?? Fix it buddy.. Then go spank him. :twisted: :twisted:
Els

Post by Els »

Tom wrote:El... Didn`t you say something about a frame mod when they built your bike?? Fix it buddy.. Then go spank him. :twisted: :twisted:

Tommy,

Now that I'm getting old (like Adrian), I've found out something I didn't think about before. Had a conversation after Myrtle Beach as a matter of fact with a good bud and it went something like this...

Some guy brings 500 hp to the party so you bring 550. Than another guy brings 600 and you spend LOTS of bucks to bring 650. Than you hear about the guy who's getting 700 hp put on his new bike. I've come to the conclusion I (or anyone for that matter) won't be the fastest and won't be the biggest. Someone always out there with a bit more. I'm overcoming this old age revelation by endeavoring to be the coolest 8-) . That way it can be "in my mind" and no one can argue it with me and win. ;)

It wasn't too long ago (maybe yesterday?...ha ha) that I couldn't stand to see someone ahead of me, have a 1/10th better time at the track, etc. Now I'm going to let you, David, Gary, et al chase that dog. I'm just going to have to settle with being "kinda" fast and looking pretty :lol: .

The modified frame belongs to Gary and since he's such a young pup, he can't stand ANYONE (you hearing this Mr. Kelly?) out ahead of him street or track. The little blower (a Weiand 144) just won't do anymore even with the 150 nitrous shot. He's got to make room for the 671 :shock: . I quit Gary, you win.

Els 8-)
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yeah... I hear ya. I feel like that too when it comes to the youngsters and the crotch rockets but so far I have a pretty limited V8 crowd out here so I get to rest in the knowledge that I am still the fastest. :twisted: We just done Pete`s tranny for his 606 so we will see.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Oh.. and you ARE the coolest. :mrgreen: I sat on a v8 chopper in Laughlin and had to get off without a ride... Didn`t want get any more ideas if you know what I mean.
Els

Post by Els »

Tom, now that's pretty ironic you mention that. I was riding today with the 25 year olds on their R1's, Gixxers, R6's, ZX10's, etc. I was on my GSX-R 1000 chasing them pretty hard and hanging in there but it's hard to beat someone over 30 years younger and half those little snots were 5'-7" 140 lbs. I need the liter bike to haul my extra 100 lbs around and stick with them. The last 30 minutes I was thinking; "what the fuck am I doing?" The damn things are scary fast and fun, but these days they beat the tar out of me and I'm exhausted at days end. Not to mention all the leather, body armor, full face helmet, etc. I got home and decided I'm going to sell it and make room for a trike for momma. Damn, I AM getting old(er). :cry:

Els
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Tom wrote:Oh.. and you ARE the coolest. :mrgreen: I sat on a v8 chopper in Laughlin and had to get off without a ride... Didn`t want get any more ideas if you know what I mean.

Tom, seeing that solo seat on the Boss and knowing your lineage as an old Kannon guy, you'd be a natural for the chopper, hee hee. Of course it may not work for you 'cause it would muss your hair up without a windshield over 120 mph. Something tells me you're spending a lot of time in that speed range not that you've turned that bigblock into such a snot slinging hotrod.

Els
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

haha...you can sense the momentum building from here...:lol:
Els

Post by Els »

V8 Chopper wrote:Thanks guys...

I'll be happy to answer questions about oil.... I am not here to sell oil. If anyone wants to buy Royal Purple it is usually easier to get it locally.

I will get pictures of the new bikes up as soon as possible. Unfortunately I am headed to the border today and won't be able to shoot some decent pictures until I get back on the 2nd.

David

Shoot, I was going to tell you I'm a quart low in my truck...send me a quart please. ;)

No pictures 'til the 2nd? What a dog! :evil:

Els
Image Image Image