502 V LS

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Steve McGrath

502 V LS

Post by Steve McGrath »

Hi,

Just about to buy my first Boss Hoss. A 502.

I'm looking for any info or stories from people who have owned both a 502 and a later LS engine equipped model.

Is the LS that mush better?

Try and talk me out of buying a 502?
Think I'm sold on the 502 but you never know.

Cheers,
Steve.
Oldun

Re: 502 V LS

Post by Oldun »

Welcome Steve. I'm just about the last person to talk you out of buying a 502 - my 350 collects garage dust in favor of taking out the 502 :-) Others who owned LS's will chime in no doubt. Good luck with your choice!
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

I have owned several 502's and ridden an Ls3 bike with the upgraded cam kit, 485hp. The LS will walk a 502 easily and is a smooth and refined ride. But, in my opinion, lacks the visual and viseral appeal of the 502. LS's can be modified to get more of an aggressive sound but its a big block for me.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Like anything else in life, it is all about your personal preference. The 502's are a breed all of their own, they have a signature sound and a reverence for being just stupid.
LS's are more modern and appeal to a different crowd. They are certainly advanced and can be modified with a Laptop more than a wrench.
Long story short, what is the reason you want the bike? That will more determine which you should get
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

LS is better across the board. I’ve ridden several LS bikes. They're nice! Doesn't matter. Still don't want it, not interested.

I'm ALLRAT for 17 years now & still head-over-heals for my 502.

Great thread! Good Luck with your purchase!!!

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Get the 502...WHY??..just because it is bigger and sounds bigger. My choice is a Bigblock over an LS but it is all personal preference.

A bigblock bike or trike, in my opinion, handles the road better due to it's weight.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

What Wild Bill said sums it up for me as well.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

502 is like a democrat, sounds good, promises plenty, but the other one actually delivers without all the noise.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Jack

Post by Jack »

SQ4MN wrote:502 is like a democrat, sounds good, promises plenty, but the other one actually delivers without all the noise.
I tried to report this post...

as AWESOME!
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
Gila123

Post by Gila123 »

I own both ,,, love them both ,,, 502 has an attitude and love it ,,, LS3 is refined and love it ,,, I ride both daily ,,, if I was to just own one ,,, would have to go with the LS3 due to the dependability ,,, my two cents ,,,