Help from the TT

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
knockdolian

Help from the TT

Post by knockdolian »

Hi all, well we made it to the Isle of Man for the TT. Unfortunately the last couple of miles was on a flat bed. I have a security immobiliser fitted to the trike which has decided it's had enough and I can't get the trike started. Could someone send a link picture or email a 96 wireing diagram. Hopefully I can bypass it. My distributor is the one with built in coil so I'm assuming that usually has two wires, red and black ? Any help appreciated. Email reply is better
Knockdolian@aol.com
Thanks
knockdolian

Re: Help from the TT

Post by knockdolian »

Well I managed to pull all the wires out from the immobiliser. Before I can start cutting I need to identify what wire is what. Just a diagram of the junction block and what wires they are. Thankd
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

There are two wires going into the distributor. One is hot, one goes to the tach, if you have one. Run a wire from a hot source to the hot lead on the distributor. Fire it up and ride home. I believe all of these fancy anti theft gadgets are a waste of money. They all seem to pack it in at the worst possible time. Just hide a switch somewhere, tapped into the aforementioned hot lead. Simple and effective. If someone wants your trike badly enough, they will take it, regardless
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Thanks for the reply Carl, my distributor had 3 wires. Red black and blue. Blue is the rev counter. The immobiliser disabled the starter motor, the fuel pump and the ignition. Tomorrow I plan to cut the immobiliser out as everything connects at the junction block it would just make the job quicker if I could identify the connections I need rather than work it out. Thanks for taking the time.
Racing is going well between torrential rain and gale force winds !!!
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

The piece of electronic poo that has stopped us from enjoying the TT. At least with it removed I can get home now
Attachments
IMG_0665.JPG
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Glad you found it mate
Gordon from England