Polaris drops VICTORY

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
wag

Polaris drops VICTORY

Post by wag »

Didn't see that coming....especially since they acquired Indian or maybe because they acquired Indian who knows.
petitemoose

Re: Polaris drops VICTORY

Post by petitemoose »

They are concentrating on the Indian Brand because the numbers dictate it.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

I guess it's easier to purchase nostalgia than create it from scratch. In 1994 I was in a Sturgis restaurant where all the Excelsior Henderson employees were showing off their new tattoos. I guess they'd now fall under the category of conversation starters.
Attachments
x.jpg
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

I'll have to echo what Dennis replied. When I first heard of the dropping of the Victory line, I figured Indians were doing better in sales and to put their focus on them along with the Polaris "Slingshot" trike, which over here in Michigan is becoming very popular. Just my 2 cents. Triker
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

I just read an article on the end of Victory..You guys are right..The sales of Indian motorcycles have increased in recent years, just as Victory sales declined.. Company decided to put their focus on Indian to meet the growing demand... too bad as I would prefer a Victory over an Indian...Having never ridden either, I just prefer riding motorcycles that are good looking! :ridding: :poke:
phpBB [video]
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

My take is that the Victory, Indian, Harley, are all pretty good motorcycles but if you been riding for many years they are boring. I like the way Harleys and the Indians look as their paint, chrome, and finish is outstanding. The performance is just the same old thing. If you are a pretty new to motorcycling or if you never had a new bike yet they are appealing. If you have ridden for years they are the same old thing with new paint and chrome. Besides my V8 bikes I bought a Triumph Rocket 3 Touring about a year and a half ago and am still amazed at its performance. Its about 140 cu inches stock and has more torque at idle than most bikes have at their full torque rating. Its not boring and it stops and handles really well. Sometimes I like a break from the V8 bikes and just feel like riding something with a clutch, some gears, great brakes, saddle bags, cruise control and light weight. (Light weight only compared to our V8 bikes) These things are also fast and smooth and fun to ride. They still are just another motorcycle although better than most. It always comes back to the fact that once you own a bike with a car motor in it its hard to be to thrilled about ANY other bike. Even if the V8 bikes are arguably not the fastest and they don't handle as well as most other bikes when you ride them with their massive weight and profile they become practical enough and easily the most FUN bikes you can ride. Victory bikes were gonna set the motorcycling world on fire but it didn't happen and Indian won't either. Harley's still have a base but its getting older and young riders don't particularly like them. Harley has to hope that as they get older they will like the comfort etc and gravitate towards them but I don't see that happening. In my opinion they will gravitate towards the big cruisers by the brands they have ridden when they were young. A v8 cruising bike at a price I don't think they can ever be sold for might get them but it probably will never happen. Harley will sell a NEW bike to anyone who can still WALK into their store with NO MONEY DOWN and they can ride it home.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada