Zoomies

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
hogv8

Zoomies

Post by hogv8 »

Does anyone know where I can see pictures of Boss Hoss's with Zoomies exhaust other that Stamford Boss Hoss . I've got a chance to buy a set for my SB .

Thanks , Jack
V-MAN

Re: Zoomies

Post by V-MAN »

Different angle

Small block but not bike!

Looks like Bruce is in a pretty elite class ... not many pictures on the net anyway?! I think your bike would look great with zoomies!!!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks Don , I bought these zoomies reasonable and I plan oN some mods that will require some cutting and welding . I want them to point kinda straight up like Bruces , tucked in kinda tight with slash cut ends and ceramic coated black . With some work I think they will look wild to use for special events like Daytona and biker events in my area .
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

hogv8 wrote:Thanks Don , I bought these zoomies reasonable and I plan oN some mods that will require some cutting and welding . I want them to point kinda straight up like Bruces , tucked in kinda tight with slash cut ends and ceramic coated black . With some work I think they will look wild to use for special events like Daytona and biker events in my area .
That sounds great Jack, I'm looking forward to seeing them! I think they'll look badass on your bike!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Jacks bike would look badass in a burlap sack! Nice machine!
phpBB [video]
V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

I have Sanderson Zombies on the trike
Norm
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Nice Norm but I'm going for the look of Bruce's zoomies from Stamford Boss Hoss . I'm going to have completely modify the set that I bought but at least I have a starting point to work with . Winter project .
Tom Lee

Post by Tom Lee »

Even if pointing straight up I see a clearance issue with your legs. Do they come with a box of ear plugs? LOL
johnny redneck

Post by johnny redneck »

Why don't you just buy some small block header flanges and have some 90's bent and weld the hole thing yourself?
Then you can pick the right size pipe and not screw up the exhaust flow.
John
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

johnny redneck wrote:Why don't you just buy some small block header flanges and have some 90's bent and weld the hole thing yourself?
Then you can pick the right size pipe and not screw up the exhaust flow.
John
These Zoomies have 1 7/8" tubing stub extending

out of the flange for about 1 1/2" and then 2" pipe about 24" long bent at a tight right angle close to the 1 7/8" stub tubing . I know I'm going to have to cut and modify but I think everything is there that I néed to come up with what I wan't .
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Jack, how about some skulls for those Zoomies!
https://www.facebook.com/tirello33/videos
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Not the right link , but close. Its the one with the Sportster "Crazy".
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Imzz4 wrote:Not the right link , but close. Its the one with the Sportster "Crazy".
I wasn't able to find the picture your talking about Jeff .

After staring at these headers I bought I'm also considering making them into a set of pipes similar to the V8 Chopper exhaust . I'm thinking if I do come up with somethng like the V8 Chopper pipes I could probably run them all the time where as the Zoomies I could only run them for special occasions . I haven't decided what to do yet but I'm going to do something wild and different so I'm not going to rush into anything before I do a lot of thinking , measuring , imagining visioning and all that stuff . There I go , thinking out loud again .
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Jack with that mind and vision of yours no matter what you do it will be done with perfection and style like no other. :-)
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Jack I think it would be better to leave your bike as it is. It has great lines right now. Take the zoomies you bought and add the rest of a V8 Chopper to it and the zoomies will look great!

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

SQ4MN wrote:Jack I think it would be better to leave your bike as it is. It has great lines right now. Take the zoomies you bought and add the rest of a V8 Chopper to it and the zoomies will look great!
Thanks Dave , well I measured , and thought about this project real hard and came to the conclusion that there was no way I was going to be able to fit these pipes on my bike , have ample leg room and make them look good so these headers will be goin up for sale . I'll be posting some pictures of them soon if anyone might be interested in them . They would definitely fit and look good on a hot rod car or possibly a trike . They are very well made .