Boss hoss dealers

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
TXscooterguy

Re: Boss hoss dealers

Post by TXscooterguy »

57chevygirl, your love for Beannie and Whitney comes through loud and clear. I would very much like to meet them. They sound like old school motorcycle shop owners. I'm a Boss Hoss newbie. I bought my 2015 Coupe last September. But I'm not new to riding.

Thirty-some years ago I was riding a Shovelhead that was built during the AMF years. That meant you spent a lot of time in the parts department of your local Harley shop. The shop was owned by Joe Cox. When you walked in, Joe knew your name and remembered what you were riding. The small shop smelled like a motorcycle shop should smell - oil, grease, gasoline, cigarette smoke, etc. Joe sold the shop and it's newest owner is having the Grand Opening of his newest structure as I type. Would you believe the new shop is 72,000 square feet. Even though I bought a '93 Big Twin from them, they wouldn't know me from Adam.

In the early nineties, I was on my way to Key West and needed to do an oil change. I stopped in Ocala, FL figuring I'd buy the oil and filter, borrow a drain pan and do it myself. The shop was owned by an elderly couple. Pop ran the service department and Mom ran the store. The shop only had two lifts and both had bikes on them. They insisted on doing the oil change. He took a bike off the lift to get mine on. This kind of service to a rider that was just passing through. I stopped in a few years later and the couple was gone. Seems Harley came out with new rules regarding how many square feet had to be dedicated to t-shirts sales if they wanted to continue as dealers. The old couple couldn't afford to expand the shop. They were forced to sell.

I share this hoping that as Boss Hoss enters a new era, unlike Harley, they respect those that stood by the marque during the early years.
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

Hey Tx, thank u for that post. I see u understand. I'm not trying to bash anyone as some people seem to be stuck on. All I'm saying is do what it takes to keep a great dealer in the family. Do what it takes to bring them back. It would only benefit the company.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I see many women that don't want to be identified because they feel vulnerable, but that vulnerability feeling usually keeps them low key and not quite as confrontational with their comments. You come on here and subtley suggest that its the new owners fault that your friends are no longer a dealer which is probably not true. Since you don't mind telling the new owners how to run their business including what kind of language to use when talking to people you should quit hiding your identity. You said you walked away from your dysfunctional "blood family" years ago because of this "crap" implying that you just might do the same to us and our V8 family. I think you should tell us your name so at least we'll know who left.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

57 chevegirl you keep ranting implying this was a Boss Hoss factory decision, it was not. They decided on their own to not be a dealer anymore. End of story. I am sure if they change their mind things can change.
Last edited by BossHossAZ on Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Okay, here's what I'm going to do. At midnight tonight I'm going to crack open a cold beer, sing a few stanzas of Kum Bay Ya, and quietly be thankful that the new owners are willing to invest their cash, time and effort in keeping this marque going. Join me. (BYOB)
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:what_he_said: :tequila:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

57chevygirl wrote:Hey Tx, thank u for that post. I see u understand. I'm not trying to bash anyone as some people seem to be stuck on. All I'm saying is do what it takes to keep a great dealer in the family. Do what it takes to bring them back. It would only benefit the company.
Again...In this post you are blaming The Factory "Do what it takes to keep a great dealer" as in your very first post...maybe read what you have posted and then try to say that you are not blaming Rick and company.....
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

Hey Tx, see u at midnight with a shot of Jack. Ur a good man.
indiana geezer

Post by indiana geezer »

I myself don't post much but I'm far from a new guy. Seems to me that scooter guy from Texas is the only guy on here that understands what Chevy girl is talking about. I have been a business owner for 40 years. One of the key things to being successful is to keep good people at your side. And in this big old dog eat dog world people like beanie & Whitney are far and few between. I wish rick and company the best just don't forget the people that helped get boss hoss to the level of success before you took over. And as far as the rest of you guys on here opinions are like assholes every one has one some have two. Just saying.
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

Thank u!!! Thats what I'm saying. I'm glad u and Tx get it. Maybe some of the others who have viewed but not posted wold like to join in
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

57chevygirl wrote:Thank u!!! Thats what I'm saying. I'm glad u and Tx get it. Maybe some of the others who have viewed but not posted wold like to join in
Yes. You and Indiana Geezer blaming the Factory. Now you want more opinions from others to create more of a shit show which I told you Beanne would most likely not want. Wtf???
CanuckHoss

randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Sq4mn, VERY well said..I know 57 chevy girl is..well..a girl..BUT what does it take to get through her skull that Boss Hoss did not "force" any dealers out..They left on their own terms...Besides how long has "beanie" been a dealer 4or 5 years or so?? I live in ohio and have not had any dealing with them ..However seeing him in Paris at the rally They seemed pretty arrogant..And their bikes on E-Bay seem to be the norm but overpriced..Boss Hoss has been around a lot longer than Beanies been a dealer,And I think that will continue to be the case...( I hope)...Randy Burkey..( In case you guys ( and girl) didn't know that..
phpBB [video]
indiana geezer

Post by indiana geezer »

Barry did you not read my post. Or was it more than you could understand. In my very first post I was pissed off. And posted in hast. In my last post I was not blaming the factory. I was saying that for whatever reason that they split they should both try to work things out. It will make ricks job easer. With as many good people he can find. I wished rick and company the best. But your in bash mode and you only see what you want. So get over it.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

indiana geezer wrote:Barry did you not read my post. Or was it more than you could understand. In my very first post I was pissed off. And posted in hast. In my last post I was not blaming the factory. I was saying that for whatever reason that they split they should both try to work things out. It will make ricks job easer. With as many good people he can find. I wished rick and company the best. But your in bash mode and you only see what you want. So get over it.
Actually read it very well..you said...and I QUOTE "One of the key things to being successful is to keep good people at your side. And in this big old dog eat dog world people like beanie & Whitney are far and few between. I wish rick and company the best just don't forget the people that helped get boss hoss to the level of success before you took over.END QUOTE That is aimed at the Factory to not forget the people who made Boss Hoss what it was...

I am sticking up for new owners when you two want to be all over them when you both don't have the facts...I don't have the facts and tried to point to you two that you don't yet you still point to the Factory as the problem...

Read your posts and understand what you are saying before defending yourself...

I don't see either of you putting any onus on Beanies...phone them and tell them to do what it takes to remain a Dealer....
CanuckHoss

TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

:deadhorse: :doh:
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I feel bad that Geez and ChevyGirl since they were such successful business owners didn't buy Boss Hoss. We wouldn't have to worry about being called DICKHEAD or some other name that would crush us and drive away all but the most hardened of motorcycle buyers into purchasing new Vespas. Also no dealers would have left because ChevyGirls emotions would have no part of that, if you were nice you could be a dealer, thats the requirement. I would have been the only one turned down but probably would have been given some sort of settlement to soften the blow. By now there would be a bronze memorial in memory of the past owners and dealers and the new company would be a household name. Just the luck of the draw, now some guy that has been fooling around with these bikes for years bought the company and is going to run it the way he wants.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
indiana geezer

Post by indiana geezer »

Yea your probably right. Hey I got an idea lets all order a new bike to help them out. Who wants to go first.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

rip.png
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote:I feel bad that Geez and ChevyGirl since they were such successful business owners didn't buy Boss Hoss. We wouldn't have to worry about being called DICKHEAD or some other name that would crush us and drive away all but the most hardened of motorcycle buyers into purchasing new Vespas. Also no dealers would have left because ChevyGirls emotions would have no part of that, if you were nice you could be a dealer, thats the requirement. I would have been the only one turned down but probably would have been given some sort of settlement to soften the blow. By now there would be a bronze memorial in memory of the past owners and dealers and the new company would be a household name. Just the luck of the draw, now some guy that has been fooling around with these bikes for years bought the company and is going to run it the way he wants.
:canada: :canada:
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

indiana geezer wrote:Yea your probably right. Hey I got an idea lets all order a new bike to help them out. Who wants to go first.
Right away it seems like you have another great idea, probably the reason you were such a success. Since you are now acting as CEO we're all waiting to see how you implement it.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
indiana geezer

Post by indiana geezer »

Does this mean you don't want to go first. Yea I didn't think so. Have a good nite
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

indiana geezer wrote:Barry did you not read my post. Or was it more than you could understand. In my very first post I was pissed off. And posted in hast. In my last post I was not blaming the factory. I was saying that for whatever reason that they split they should both try to work things out. It will make ricks job easer. With as many good people he can find. I wished rick and company the best. But your in bash mode and you only see what you want. So get over it.
Dear Indiana geezer( And all of your 12 fucking posts)..Barry has been on this site for an awful long time posting what he believes to be the true FACTS about whatever subject is at hand..And has been an asset to this site being a sponsor and a source of information as a voice between us and the factory.. So for you come here and imply that barry is stupid..And you are far superior ...I think I know who the real DICKHEAD is..just sayin'
phpBB [video]
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

indiana geezer wrote:Does this mean you don't want to go first. Yea I didn't think so. Have a good nite
At least ChevyGirl has a bike, you don't so maybe you should be first, it looks better if you have one just to lend a little credibility to your suggestion.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Chevygirl is just 100% right in respect to B&W.
B&W played a very important role as a dealer and ambassadors for Boss Hoss. I was once told that they sold more Boss Hosses than any other dealer for the last couple of years while the company went down. Dont know if that is true, but at least it means that they played an important role.
Look at the dealers that are left on the website. Bob Switzer in Ontario ? Super nice guy, but they dont even have a website besides the fact they have not sold bikes in years. Marv (Chopper City as one of the most famous dealers)) did not even bother to set up a stand at BikeWeek this year. And so on.......
So what is needed now is heavy advertising in all kinds of bike magazines to get this company going again, because with this kind of dealer base nothing is going to happen even if Rick is doing everything else right (which I think he does).
Most of us here on the forum are old farts that already own a V8 bike and our opinions are like verbal incest. The good news has to go out to the market now and create new customers. Otherwise it is not going to work.
And yes, in 2015 (the 25th anniversary !!) for the meet and greet it was a couple of hamburgers at the Holly Hill location for lunch. That "event" was so poorly communicated that almost nobody showed up. That happens when Doug is "organising" something.
Not that we expect a fancy event like this years meet and greet but Whitney had organised it really well and it was very generous of Rick and his partners to have us all there. Lots of people attended and it was a whole different animal.
Last edited by 502wingman on Thu May 05, 2016 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Peter...

Nobody is arguing what Whitney and Beanie have stood for and did for Boss Hoss...they did LOTS...very good Boss Hoss representatives from my personal dealings with them and hearing others...I am in 100% agreement...I agree 100% with Chevygirl on that.

BUT.....I am not willing though to blame Rick and Company 100% for them not being dealers...even after speaking to Beanie....
Last edited by CanuckHoss on Sun May 01, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckHoss