Boss Hoss Ordering Options

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Grand Canard

Boss Hoss Ordering Options

Post by Grand Canard »

Many Custom options are available for bikes and trikes such as chrome or black wheels, black or Vampire King front-ends, kewl metal rake kits w 21" or 23" front wheel, 525hp engines, drag bars, powder coating colors for frames, swing arm, wheels, etc. just to name a few examples.
Tell your dealer what you want and the factory can most likely make it happen; one fine day all of those options are going to be on BH's website.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Oldun

Re: Boss Hoss Ordering Options

Post by Oldun »

These options are really great to hear. I know I am completely in the minority, therefore when y'all could get around to it, these are my Deferred Choices requests:
1. a sound system that you can hear above ambient engine noise (to play the theme from Where Eagles Dare whenever I start up)
2. a hologram projector that shows Marilyn Monroe dancing
3. a remote start option that won't flood a 502 :-)

(I know, after that Peace in the Middle East and no more Foreign Wars would be straightforward... Please excuse the political opinions!)

all the best and good luck
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Hi Rick, congratulations on all you trying to achieve. I fully respect your no bull attitude and calling a spade a spade. So please excuse the stupid question. Why use keel kits to rake the front ends. Why not take the frames ? This is by no means intended to disrespect kewl and their fantastic kit. This is just quireosity ? Good luck in all you do.
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Is it possible to rake the front of the trike and install the 21 or 23? Not sure there is a safe tire for either of those rims to carry the weight and force of a BH trike tho.....
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

knockdolian wrote:Hi Rick, congratulations on all you trying to achieve. I fully respect your no bull attitude and calling a spade a spade. So please excuse the stupid question. Why use keel kits to rake the front ends. Why not take the frames ? This is by no means intended to disrespect kewl and their fantastic kit. This is just quireosity ? Good luck in all you do.
My guess is it is easier not to muck with a few different frames AND the Kewl Metal front end is a really really nice piece AND no different forks are needed when the Kewl is used...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Tx Outlaw wrote:Is it possible to rake the front of the trike and install the 21 or 23? Not sure there is a safe tire for either of those rims to carry the weight and force of a BH trike tho.....
There are rated tires in 21", and possibly ONE tire in 23".
The kewl Metal rake kit is proven and readily available. A new 45 degree neck casting is desirable, but not on my list of high priorities.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Excellent information! Are there "sets" of wheels ready for the trike using a 21" front, or does someone have to hodge-pudge something together?
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I would like to know what a bike would cost with the different motors. I would like to know the base prices for a Standard and a Sport. I would like to know the options and prices for different wheels, seats, paint, exhaust, shocks, etc. What exactly are the options and how much do they cost. Armed with all that info I could spec out a new bike and figure out if I can afford what I want. Without the info I don't have a clue about anything. Luckily I own a great Boss Hoss right now, but of course more HP, smoother, better trans, better brakes, would be nice.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Oldun wrote:These options are really great to hear. I know I am completely in the minority, therefore when y'all could get around to it, these are my Deferred Choices requests:
1. a sound system that you can hear above ambient engine noise (to play the theme from Where Eagles Dare whenever I start up)
2. a hologram projector that shows Marilyn Monroe dancing
3. a remote start option that won't flood a 502 :-)

(I know, after that Peace in the Middle East and no more Foreign Wars would be straightforward... Please excuse the political opinions!)

all the best and good luck
BH does need a sound system, a really good sound system and a properly designed, fit for purpose fairing.
Is 300 watts enough, or do you need more, want to crack the pavement with acoustic pounding??
What else do you want, waterproof?
What's more important, stereo or navigation??
Talk to me, sound-off like you've got a pair!
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

In this order for me:

No-flood reliable starting (I'm already looking to get that sorted out at Havasu, talked to them today)

A really good service manual with pix (and were I given the info, I'd volunteer to put it together and submit it to the forum for public comment and further editing) so that in places and countries with good mechanics but 1500 miles from the nearest dealer we could get 'fixed'...

A sound system audible at cruising speed is more important than navigation - I'd rather swap over the nav unit between bikes (speaking for myself)...

Factory-fitted auxiliary lighting for night rides (my aftermarket stuff works good for me, but took some adaptation)

Thanks!
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

A few of the options are up on our website, more to come, pricing to come.

https://www.bosshoss.com/options.asp

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Cool stuff. :)
so can the new instruments toggle between miles/kmh and Fahrenheit/Celcius ? Boss Hoss Logo ?
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I guess if you are going after the average everyday Touring guy that maybe has a HD Ultra or Honda Goldwing or Victory Vision then a stereo is more important than whether or not you have Navi to get from point A to point B...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I think a base model with many options and their added prices would be perfect. Nav systems, stereo, etc would just be factory options when spacing out a new bike.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada