Hey You FL Guys - Love Bugs

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V-MAN

Hey You FL Guys - Love Bugs

Post by V-MAN »

What's the status of love bug season? Are they still swarming or are they about done? Inquiring minds NEED to know ... if they are full swarming I plan to delay my trip! I hate those little bastards!!!!!

How about anybody in NC/SC/GA ... are the little buggers still around for you guys?

Thanks in advance AND the "guys" in the title is also to include any gals reading/posting here too!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: Hey You FL Guys - Love Bugs

Post by Buck »

No Love Bugs in NC. When we lived in Miami in the 80's there were wash-down stations at some gas stations in Fla. to get rid of the little critters. They were so plentiful on I-95 that they would clog up a radiator.
Buck
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Buck wrote:No Love Bugs in NC. When we lived in Miami in the 80's there were wash-down stations at some gas stations in Fla. to get rid of the little critters. They were so plentiful on I-95 that they would clog up a radiator.
Buck

Thanks Buck, that gets me at least to NC!! They are nasty for sure, I have heard of radiators being plugged to the point of overheating the vehicle :/

Don

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

About a month ago they were every where, last Sunday we went from Ft Lauderdale to Okeechobee lake and no bugs at all, so far you are safe!!

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Ronald wrote:About a month ago they were every where, last Sunday we went from Ft Lauderdale to Okeechobee lake and no bugs at all, so far you are safe!!

Thanks Ronald! That's what I wanted to hear, unfortunatly I lost my fricken phone this afternoon and Verizon is making me jump through hoops on the claim. I've been changing passwords all day and not really sure when I can expect a replacement phone (mine was less then 2 months old). Looks like once that is sorted I'll be safe to head south ...

Don

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

V-Man you lost your new phone!!! :o

As for love bugs They were not bad at all this May, so wondering if they will be twice as bad in September :dunno:

Safe travels and see you soon!!

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Iron Maiden wrote:V-Man you lost you new phone!!! :o

As for love bugs They were not bad at all this May, so wondering if they will be twice as bad in September :dunno:

Safe travels and see you soon!!

I did, tuning the bike and out on a ride it must have come out of my pocket ... after all my passwords changed on all my email accounts, security systems, credit card apps etc etc :( Verizon locked down service (wifi still works) and I had new replacement phone paperwork all done. Literaly two minutes before I paid for new phone a get a call on landline ... dude found my phone! We met, I got it back (otter box worked well) and I gave him "reward". I think I have it all set back up with new passwords etc, seems to work fine? Glad it's over, I now have find your phone enabled so I can wipe it remotely ... that was my biggest concern!

Good news with lovebugs, they were late in the fall and I was hoping they weren't late now too! That F350 has a huge profile that likes to catch the little bastards (not to mention the fricken trailer profile)!!! Thanks Sue, I'll be back just to see you guys off ... I sure wish I were going too. See you soon.

Don

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

They sell plane tickets every day of the week :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Yup it's only money and you can't take it with you.

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

petitemoose wrote:They sell plane tickets every day of the week :)
True for sure but it would be difficult to "carry on" a BH trike with trailer and another yet to be announced badd ass motorcycle!!! BTW all loaded and will head south tomorrow morning after a 4 Winds (BMW) Breakfast and a stop in MD to visit with friends. I'll be pointed to FL probably Tuesday AM before the sun rises!

Iron Maiden wrote:Yup it's only money and you can't take it with you.
Money ????? What the hell is that????? :poke:

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

For a mere $5K you AND your bike can fly together. Then you could save me $50 Eu and save me a shuttle ride to the Rhein Dealer
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

V-Man "Another bad ass motorcycle" ???? Oh do tell :mrgreen: When is the announcement?

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Iron Maiden wrote:V-Man "Another bad ass motorcycle" ???? Oh do tell :mrgreen: When is the announcement?
Probably not much interest here Sue ... it's just a one lunger but a lot of fun. I have to stop almost as often for fuel with it as I do the Chopper. Humm what can it be?! :ridding:

petitemoose wrote:For a mere $5K you AND your bike can fly together. Then you could save me $50 Eu and save me a shuttle ride to the Rhein Dealer
What did you end up renting Dennis? Did you get the R1200 or a HD?

Let me know where I can find those tickets, I'll take 4 of them ... JK of course. :) I'm not sure Barry wants two trikes in Europe! I do wish I had the time to go this year but it just wasn't in the cards.

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I went with the HD Ultra Classic. While the BMW is a better machine, There is NO storage. For an additional $63 a day they would loan me the bags that came with the bike so I opted for the slower more convenient option
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

petitemoose wrote:I went with the HD Ultra Classic. While the BMW is a better machine, There is NO storage. For an additional $63 a day they would loan me the bags that came with the bike so I opted for the slower more convenient option

Gotcha, your storage solution (since extra fee for bags) could have been couple waterproof bags strapped across the seat ... I lived on mine for 5 1/2 weeks and that included hauling camping gear. The HD will be fun, more cleaning and pegs dragging :ridding:

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

LoL Cleaning??? Why would I do that?!?! I rarely wash the Boss Why would I wash a rental?!?!?! OOOHHH now I remember ... its the rainy season so it will be "washed" while riding ;)