OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SQ4MN

OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS

Post by SQ4MN »

Has anybody heard what they consider to be an outrageous claim by someone about any one of the brands of V8 bikes. Quarter mile speeds, top speeds, horsepower etc.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS

Post by Carl La Fong »

I think Big Brute Gary claimed his bike would do 250+
Also, I think someone, over on the other board, claimed a 165 mph quarter mile. I think it might have been someone who spreads lies about former members, but I'm not sure ;)
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Carl La Fong wrote:I think Big Brute Gary claimed his bike would do 250+
Also, I think someone, over on the other board, claimed a 165 mph quarter mile. I think it might have been someone who spreads lies about former members, but I'm not sure ;)
He was a nice guy when I sold him the Big Brute...I think he got influenced after by somebody...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I think the funniest whopper I ever heard was while visiting Stans shop one day and a guy had just bought a 350 CI Chopper and was telling Stan and I how he had run it up to 200 mph a couple times.

I damn near laughed at him but didnt want to offend Stans customer. I believe he was the guy who got pulled over in Miami at a rally for going too slow and
impeading traffic.

I always say if you gonna lie about this shit at least do it to a audience that doesn't know better.
Last edited by V8 Perv on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

....Johnston, Iowa
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Carl La Fong wrote:Also, I think someone, over on the other board, claimed a 165 mph quarter mile. I think it might have been someone who spreads lies about former members, but I'm not sure ;)
That was the first one that came to my mind,John.
What a load of ;bullshit:
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

165 MPH IN THE QUARTER! What kind of V8 bike was it? What size motor? Was it a real light rider? 250 MPH! Was it at the salt flats or in town? Probably perfect weather conditions. Never rode a BIG BRUTE, I guess they were pretty quick.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote:165 MPH IN THE QUARTER! What kind of V8 bike was it? What size motor? Was it a real light rider? 250 MPH! Was it at the salt flats or in town? Probably perfect weather conditions. Never rode a BIG BRUTE, I guess they were pretty quick.
Dave..

There were probably only 15 Big Brutes built and I owned 3 of them.

Were they Fast?? I know that with a stock 350 motor..(ooops...I said the "stock" word) the Brute would turn the tire at 10 or 20 mile an hour way easier than any 350 Boss Hoss I owned. But I may have been comparing apples to oranges because I have no idea of the gearing of the 2 speed Brute gearbox or the final pulley to pulley ratio. It could have been wayyy advantaged to the gearing of the Hoss and that is what I am thinking because at one time a dyno run of a Brute was stated for a SB and I remember it being very close to a Hoss. If Boss Hoss changed their ratio by even 5 to 10% lower their 350 SB would rip the pavement pretty darn good I am thinking.

Here is supposedly a stock....oooops again and for the last time!! 350 Brute letting loose!

phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Do you think they would go 250 mph?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote:Do you think they would go 250 mph?

Honestly...no...my own opinion of course. Funny thing also is I never ever heard a claim like that from Vic Richards while I dealt with him. He would just say that going over 140 mph and not being on a track with controlled conditions was silly because the whole world of speed factors change after 140 mph.

In the 3 Brutes I owned I probably only put about 3,000 miles total between all 3. They were all owned within a 1 year time span and there was 6 months of winter of the 12 months. I was not into playing / laying rubber as I am now...I guess my 2nd childhood is more fun

One thing to remember too is that even a Hyabusa will only tick slightly over the 200 mph mark and they are arrow dynamic..more so than any V8 offering with a rad out front.
CanuckHoss

Gila

Post by Gila »

In my opinion nither of my two Boss's would go 200 MPH ,,, I don’t think they (Boss Hoss) are technically capable of reaching those numbers ,,, if you calculate full throttle RPM then do the math to the back tire it would give you theoretical top speed (that’s if you had the HP to get top RPM with all that resistance) ,,, I do know I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be a passenger at that speed ,,,

I could be totally wrong ,,,

Only outrageous claim I've ever heard was at the Paris gathering this past summer ,,, some Canuck claimed his SS would rip your arms off ,,, Perv, you were there ,,, LOL

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

200 MPH on tires that are rate for only 130 MPH .I don't think so . I know my SB will do 150 by the speedo because I saw it with my own two eyes once .
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

hogv8 wrote:200 MPH on tires that are rate for only 130 MPH .I don't think so . I know my SB will do 150 by the speedo because I saw it with my own two eyes once .
I know a Canadian Hoss rider that said he did an honest 185 mph on his non-modified SB..I beleive the power and gearing is there to easily achieve that BUT a frontal lobotomy is necessary so you don't crap your drawers while advancing to that speed on a brick...lol
CanuckHoss

hellboy

Post by hellboy »

CanuckHoss wrote: I know a Canadian Hoss rider that said he did an honest 185 mph on his non-modified SB....lol
185 mph...so what - my Canadian BB /w HOT CAM can do 201 KPH...
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

At 150 my bike is unstable. It is capable of doing 185 I am sure because I had a long way to go on the tach ... but not with me on it!
VERY few bikes are capable of doing 200 mph. the friction from the air is your biggest enemy and our bikes are not slippery enough to get there. 250 mph ... No, quit lying

On my Busa, i got close and can claim to have seen over 200 on the speedo, but the speedo was off because of a sprocket change ;) My Busa was slightly modified putting 178hp to the rear wheel. The dumbest ( and most fun ) thing I ever did on that bike was run at 175+ maintained for 5 minutes on a LOOOONG stretched out back road with only three side roads in 20+ miles. I went around a 3/4 mile long right hand sweep curve at 180. Started the corner on the inside and exited the corner in the far left side of the oncoming traffic's lane about 10" from the dirt. Scared the crap outta me! Happy that i lived through it but have no desire to repeat it.
I can't tell you how many guys I have heard saying their bike will exceed 200 mph. Anymore, I do not hide my laughter and just tell it like it is.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I agree with moose, 200 mph on a Boss Hoss is bullshit. I think its possible that one might go 185 so I won't call it a lie but its probably not true. I'm sure they will go somewhere north of 150 but I don't know where wind resistance, gearing, power etc will put an end to it. I rode my Chopper at 152 mph at 5480 rpm and its recorded on my Dakota digital speedometer. The speedometer is supposed to be accurate according to a radar test. I rode my Boss to 130 once on the speedo but I got a windshield on it and I got scared it was gonna break, it was still pulling but not like my chopper was when I shut down. I start doubting anybody when they say they went much faster than 160, its just my nature to doubt. I'm sure some have but most are just dreaming. Adrian claimed to go faster than that in a quarter mile, maybe 165 I can't remember, on a STOCK SB BH, he's got a time slip to prove it but I call it bullshit.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

phpBB [video]

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Here is a 502 Boss Hoss with passenger..YIKES!!..easily hitting 150 mph....

phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Another outrageous claim.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Puff

Post by Puff »

Barry,
That was Claudio Keusch's
502 from Switzerland. :switzerland:
I DO know has has ridden it
fast over there in Europe,
so it could be accurate.
He passed away from cancer.

Puff
Bill Van Sant

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Still pale in comparison to Adrians whopper.

....Johnston, Iowa
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Adrian holds the world record for a stock SB Boss Hoss at the drag strip and he's got the time slip to prove it. It would've been faster except the stock tires were just not up to getting a bite due to the massive horsepower and torque the stock ZZ4 puts out. Luckily it didn't twist the frame in two or tear hunks out of the asphalt causing the strip to be shut down for repairs.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Puff wrote:Barry,
That was Claudio Keusch's
502 from Switzerland. :switzerland:
I DO know has has ridden it
fast over there in Europe,
so it could be accurate.
He passed away from cancer.

Puff
Thanks Bill for the info...was not sure
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Here is the one that I think gets the prize. Does anybody believe it?
Attachments
ADRIANS TIME SLIP.jpg
ADRIANS TIME SLIP.jpg (9.25 KiB) Viewed 8181 times

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

phpBB [video]
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

What a way to start out the new year watching the fastest V8 in the land. Boy am I impressed...,

....Johnston, Iowa