All You Lucky #&^@!*(@#^

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V-MAN

All You Lucky #&^@!*(@#^

Post by V-MAN »

It's that time of the year again I start to wish I was somewhere warm where winter means dig out the long sleeve shirts ... not the shovels, plows and salters ...

We got maybe two inches of snow overnight but the salt truck has been down my road 2 times in the last 1.25 hours! :wft: I plan to call the towns road dept today and bitch about the salt use even if it does no good ...

IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

EAGLE

Re: All You Lucky #&^@!*(@#^

Post by EAGLE »

68 and clear skies here today. Come Summer though, we must "pay"! :twisted:
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Don,
say it ain't so! :bawling: That has to be photoshop or a photo from February. :o Way to early for snow in your parts. I used to live in CT and they were very generous with the salt as well. I think they have a quota that has to be spread each snow fall. :screwloose: Just so you don't feel so bad it is going to be 67 here tomorrow but back to the 80's by the weekend :nanner: Good news, only 4 mos till Bike week.
Attachments
IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_3957.JPG

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

80s today in Sunny SoCal
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Eagle - I'd take 68 everyday of the year! I lived in AZ for a few years so I know what you have coming BUT TX is too damn humid for me!

Bill - I wish it was photoshop or an earlier picture :( Ended up with maybe 4 or a little more inches on ground. Two inches of salt on top of the streets ... THAT sucks. I have no problem riding in the snow, it's actually sort of fun in a sick way :)

I'm already counting the time down to back back south, thanks for the reminder ... I needed that.

John - Southern CA ... one of my favorite places if it weren't for the CROWDS, POLITICS and cost of living being so high that's where I'd call home too! Still a great place to visit.

EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Humid?!? In El Paso?????? :rofl:
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

EAGLE wrote:Humid?!? In El Paso?????? :rofl:
Yeah,I got a chuckle outta that too,Eagle. :lol:
Heck,North Texas isn't humid,either. Wichita Falls will be entering Stage 4 water restrictions tomorrow,the most stringent. The lack of significant rainfall is really getting scary here. We only get one or two snowfalls a year but at this stage,we'll take whatever we can get.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Clint44 wrote:
Yeah,I got a chuckle outta that too,Eagle. :lol:
Heck,North Texas isn't humid,either. Wichita Falls will be entering Stage 4 water restrictions tomorrow,the most stringent. The lack of significant rainfall is really getting scary here. We only get one or two snowfalls a year but at this stage,we'll take whatever we can get.

I was actually serious guys! When I worked for Continental Airlines I worked out of El Paso a few times (Houston too) and I always remembered the humidity being terrible. Maybe it seemed so bad because I was living in Glendale, AZ at the time where it is a dryer climate?

Here is a chart I found ... still doesn't look dry to me? Still way dryer then here though!!

Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Houston is really humid,Don. You're right about the Texas coast being bad. El Paso is in the desert and Wichita Falls is in north central Texas,up close to the Red River and the Oklahoma border. Rolling plains up here and the humidity most of the time is pretty dry.
Clint & Sherry
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Been living in El Paso for about two years now Brother. When the humidity gets up to about 60% people start freaking out. I'm originally from the Detroit area and lived in LA (Lower Alabama) for many years. Comparatively speaking, we ain't got no steeeenking humidity. :doh: In Alabama at 85 degrees I could stand in place and literally melt. Here at 110, it seems a bit toasty but no issues. The bad news is though, that at 110 it's like riding face first in to a blow dryer!!! :twisted:
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Today is my last day of cardiac rehab and when I went out to start my truck,there was ice all over it. Man,that sucks! I'm working the 7pm-7am shift this weekend and having to work outside is going to be a bitch. :2up:
Clint & Sherry
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

I'm working the 4 pm to 4 am shift this weekend, will be chilly in the morning, cold front headed this way.
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Clint:

Good for you mate, out of Card rehab, keep de-stressing and remember you've got a lot of good mates on here.
Gordon from England
Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Bummer on weather snow here an 18 f yuck. Clint glad to here your doing better
Ric

Post by Ric »

It's been a deep freeze here for about two months now, around -15 on average… but we did have some respite in the last few days where it rocketed up to -8. Today was considered seasonable, so I guess I don't have many complaints… but it's still a bitch to travel highways completely covered in ice and snow until Spring. "Sigh"

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

Ric wrote:It's been a deep freeze here for about two months now, around -15 on average… but we did have some respite in the last few days where it rocketed up to -8. Today was considered seasonable, so I guess I don't have many complaints… but it's still a bitch to travel highways completely covered in ice and snow until Spring. "Sigh"
We just dropped into frozen land the last two days.
At least it's sunny weather today, but not the last two weeks...
I'm pretty certain it will warm up again for Christmas time :roll:

Stay warm and be carefull on the road Ric!
Martin

BHRA President Europe
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

This picture was posted on my Facebook..appropriate for this thread..check out the bike
Attachments
WinterDaytona.jpg
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

That cartoon says it all.
Gordon from England